• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Poll: Would you go to El Salto next week...

brknrn

I think it's going to be a tougher decision than I originally thought. Some local MN businesses are requiring emloyees go on paid leave for at least 10 days, if they have recently traveled to mexico. Some schools are closing in areas where people have tested positive. I can't even get Tamiflu in my pharmacy in central MN, which doesn't even have any comfirmed cases. The Media hype and fear is almost out of control. I've had customers with masks and rubber gloves, if you can believe that. The risk is fairly low, but the travel problems might not make it worth it.

Well here is my status so far... I have made arrangements with a Dr. to get a prescription for Tamiflu. I also checked with the local pharmacy and they told me they have plenty of Tamiflu on hand. I will probably get the prescription and get it filled this weekend. I am waiting to see what happens in the next few days.

The airline has changed it's stance on this and it appears that I can reschedule the trip for another time in the future without penalty.

I went to El Salto on Thanksgiving weekend and it has been all I can think about ever since. They tell me the best time is in May!

Here is a sample of why I want to go back so bad!

11 lbs. 0 oz.

ElSalto08039.jpg

That is my guides foot!

Upgraded to level 5, only one to go. Suspected case in Cold Spring schools. Closed an elementary and a middle school. Pandemic is almost assured at this point. The 1918 Pandemic started out similar to this as far as time of year, settled down over the summer and came back with a vengeance in the fall. Scary stuff if you buy into it. Personally - As long as you can get a rain check on the plane ticket with no loss, sit back and wait it out. They'll still be there in a month or 6 months.

It sounds like a tough decision. If it was my only time I could go and I have never been there before I would more than likely go. However if you were just down there this fall and we are on the verge of a pandemic coming from Mexico I might wait. My boss just got back from Mexico this past weekend and some of the people at work have been trying to avoid talking to him more than usual this week. He said one of my co-workers put his shirt over his face while they were talking on Monday. I know MSU has called back all of their students studying abroad in Mexico and is not allowing any students to go down there.

I'm amazed you would even ask....8'9's and 10's....GONE FISHIN!!!! Just please post a few pics when you get back!! The odds are SOOOOO LOW to actually get the flu...you have better odds on a 16lb bass..... (heck...a 17lber may be worth the flu). Also the flu really is not that bad of a flu....when you research it.

We leave Wednesday morning. Everything is packed, we just have to fill our prescription for Tamiflu!

Here are a couple paragraph's from the current El Salto fishing report:

“The next four days were typical El Salto action,” Gary told us. “All three guides had a game plan each day, and we were never disappointed. The group got a taste of the famous El Salto honey-holes where you get to cast a crankbait to the same spot for four hours and never move. You can’t believe it until you experience it, a 4-pound-on-up-the-ladder fish on every other cast. Worn out? You bet! Two fish on one lure? How about three times in a row. You really have not experienced bass fishing until you have an El Salto bass slam a deep-diving crankbait or boil on a spinnerbait as you work it through the timber. If this doesn’t get your heart pounding, then you need to find another sport. A 5-pound El Salto bass will wear you and your equipment out. I grew up fishing Lake Okeechobee, and have seen a few big fish, but this is really something you have to see to believe.

Mike Babineaux also was down to fish recently, and he sent in this mind-boggling account of a morning’s fishing that’s enough to excite any bassing fan: “We caught a 10.4 9.4 9.3 8.8 8.6 before 7:00 the first morning,” he said. “We caught the 10 on a Storm WildEye swimbait, and the two 9s were caught on Zara Spooks. (All you could do was hold on because they destroy the Spook when they hit it!) The other two 8s were caught on Yum’s Money Minnow. The first five fish that day weighed a total of 46.5 pounds! We also caught countless 8s and 7s on Carolina rigs and Bomber Fat Free Shad crankbaits. The time over there was wonderful. The staff was great. We’ll be back again.”