Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DonBo

The movie "Earth"

11 posts in this topic

Just saw this yesterday. A Disney outdoor film. Great footage of wildlife around the world along with the changing seasons.

Really enjoyed it except they had to use it as a forum for the global warming issue. I was very disapointed by that.

Anyone else see it, and what did you think?

I think I will wait until the Blu Ray comes out- looks like the kind of movie Blu Ray was made for.

I was afraid of that DonBo, looks like great scenery and a good one to see at an IMAX or something, but it's tough sitting through a lecture (if you know what I mean).

Would have been awesome on IMAX but we looked and looked and saw no sign of it.

Don't get me wrong, it was not a lecture at all, in fact the GW thing was very subtle, more background than anything. I still highly recommend it to any outdoorsmen. My wife absolutely loved it.

I took my oldest daughter to it last Friday. I recognized most of the scenes from the Planet Earth documentary that was on Discovery. They did tell a good story for kids though as far as following the changes etc.

I plan on taking my kids to see it. They have really enjoyed watching the planet earth series with me, so I thought this would be fun for them. Any reason not to take a 7, 5 and 4 year old to see it?

No reason at all, they'll all enjoy it.

it was good other than the global warming baloney. My 5 year old loved it.

Took the kid's to see this past Sunday (rainy days perfect for a movie).

It was really well done and considering how much global warming hype there is out there today, they really did dial it back to acceptable. They didn't point any blame for it, they just mentioned how it is changing the arctic regions.

I agree, no reason not take them. They pretty much cut off anything before it gets "scary" for a younger child.

I was hoping this would be a good movie and get good reviews. I would love to see it with my kids. Figured it woudl have GW stuff in it, glad to know it didn't get too overboard.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I used to sip cognac with a beer and I didn't even get in to whiskeys or bourbons until 8 or 10 years ago, so as a novice I started with the Canadian blends like Crown, Tangle Ridge and Pendleton and I'm more of a sipper using the old fashioned glasses.  I can't give recommendations on any of the really good brands, but if you ever see some of this... run screaming from the bar.  
    • Catfish is right up there with walleye, perch, trout, steelhead, salmon, flounder, grouper.....
    • What does it matter what Bernie Sanders had figured out considering the DNC blatantly rigged the primary against him? And then they tried with all their might to do it again and were exposed.   Face it, you party is fueled by people who are showing that they are the very ones they claim to be fighting against.    Immoral, intolerant, violent, judgemental and full of hate. 
    • hope to have my nills by next weekend to do some testing. 6 incher. putting it with a ryobi 600 pound torque drill with 4 amp batteries. sold the clam plate and auger. friend also use it with the milwaukee drill and same hang up issue. used an 8 inch k drill on bowstring last week with the milwaukee fuel.  opened holes nice and drilled nice. 
    • Trump totally destroyed by hundreds of thousands the numbers that were in attendance for the inaugurations of LBJ and Gerald Ford. Trump again wins. Just win, win, win, win, if not pretend you did.   He may just do the same thing to the country, so don't get to excited.
    • Just drove down from the Brainerd area. Lots of snow up there but going fast. Saw 4 young guys in a ditch south of there with not much snow and one sled with hood up smoking bad. Their still learning you need snow to cool your liquid sleds!
    • What a fun election cycle, first Trump dismantles the Republican party and may take them to even lower lows by winning. Then even more surprising is the Democrats totally imploding all on their own and losing to Trump in the process. No hollywood script can compete with this kind of crazyness, just happy to be alive to witness all of this mess and hope there is much much more to come. Something tells me I won't be disappointed, I am almost excited for the next one, 4 years ago I never would have thought that in my wildest dreams.
    • If this crazy weather keeps up a guy might have to go to the mountains to have enough snow to ride.
    • I purchased a 20v 986 Dewalt brushless and used it with my Nils 8" and could not believe how fast it cut. Very close to my Tanaka motor as far as speed. My plan is to use it with my 6" Nils but wanted to give it a good test and it passed with flying colors. 
    • Pretty sure Bernie had that figured out. After the primaries I voted for "not Trump" You guys haven't picked up that liberals are still going for not Trump, even if that means Mike Pence (who from a political position standpoint is worse for liberals).   Instead you have Trump, a man incapable of taking any form of criticism regardless of how irrelevant it is to anything. Why do I post the crowd sizes? Because Trump, in a speech given only to members of the CIA, thought it was important enough to mention, as well as to have a team of his own people there to applaud when he mentioned the size of the crowds.
  • Our Sponsors