Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deitz Dittrich

Secret Word WI opener Big Fish fer fun contest? **WORD ADDED**

35 posts in this topic

Anybody have any interest in doing a fun contest like we did last fall for the Wisconsin bass opener?.. I could post a secret word on friday if there is enough interest. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I hope to get out one of the days at least.

Secret word..

FM Wii.

I'm in, but based on my success the last few openers I probably won't catch anything to enter...

I would do it, but I already am going up north sucker spearing smile

I am in. I am going to get my boat this weekend, and it just happens to be in wisconsin.

I'd be in as my first club tourney is this weekend across the border.

I'd be in. Not sure yet on our lake choices yet but my partner and I are feeling cheesy.

Will you be posting a word? I hope my photos from this weekend resemble this DNR survey crew photo:

three.jpg

Well, except for the muskie, they won't be open. That photo can only taunt me for the next 12 hours though...

OK.. Here is the Word..

FM Wii..

Wi as in Wisconsin, Wii as in WEeeeeeEEEEEeeeeeEEE

or as in i have to go WEeWEe

I like this style much better!

Well, my biggest of the weekend was only 16" and didnt take a pict of it as I didnt think it was worthy.. LOL was fun to be in the boat though.. All in all I hit 6 lakes... caught 19 fish.

My big boy was 17'' Got lots of fish in my club tourny but only 2 over 14'', I had an awesome time though, caught fish on Jigs, Swim Jigs, Lipless Cranks, Power Worms, and Spinnerbaits.

My biggest was 17.5 but I didnt bother taking a picture. I was pulling out of my great grandparets farm with my boat at noon on saturday on the corner of county rd z and hwy 87 when Dietz blew by me heading towards grantsburg, I am guessing you were heading to big trade maybe? Then later that day I was fishing my grandparents lake and ran into Eric Gislason, Herbek has a cabin on the lake but he wasnt there, apperently Gis was staying at his cabin. As far as the fishing goes I would say I ended up with about 30 bass and I caught every single one on a white spinnerbait. I tried other things but the spinnerbait was the only thing I could get them on. I found water temps as high as 59 and as low as 49.

I hit the croix and prolly caught 50 to 60 fish all on jerkbaits the problem was i was averageing prolly 12 inches(if you can call that a problem) and the biggest was 16 great day on the water

Only was out a little bit yesterday, got 1 male about 14". Was out a lot longer today on a little shallower lake. With a water temp of 58 degrees it seemed as though the males were just starting to head shallow to start work on their beds, as everything caught in shallow water was male. Biggest was an 18" female that was right where she was supposed to be, sitting right on the end of a rock bar. My sister felt it necessary to take a picture of everything we caught so as soon as she uploads them I'll have one (though I didn't have a pen for the secret word).

Oly- Good guess, But wrong.. LOL

Spearing Bass- I fished the Grantsburg/Siren area on satruday, and the Ameryish area in Sunday..

ahhh, thanks for the report. was there alot of boats out where you were at?

LOL Depends.. Some lakes the access were full, others were pretty empty..

I hit up a North Dakota lake (not Nelson) and between my dad and I we ended up getting 15 largemouth. It was pretty slow but we ended up getting a 4lb 8oz and a 4lb 6oz.

Let me guess, Wapogasset or the Apple River Flowage Sunday (possibly North Twin and Pike, that would explain the small fish...).

We wound up in 9 different lakes over sat and sun and managed 72 fish (plus around 2 dz slimers). Unfortunately none were picture worthy. We just couldn't get on any big females. The only fish that were somewhat grouped up were on mud hen, sandhill, and poplar. Our best luck was on a red eye sexy shad. Caught a few drop shotting and on senkos, flukes, hard jerkbaits, and spinner and chatter baits. We threw a lot of other stuff in areas where we knew there were fish but couldn't get anything else going. Depending on the lake and side of the lake we found water temps everywhere from 49 to 65. The warm stuff was on the small dirty lakes and all the clear lakes the water was much coller. Had to fight the wind to get most of our fish. Felt bad for the guy on Trade that didn't have either motor working for the tourney. Hope he wound up ok!

We wound up in 9 different lakes over sat and sun and managed 72 fish (plus around 2 dz slimers). Unfortunately none were picture worthy. We just couldn't get on any big females. The only fish that were somewhat grouped up were on mud hen, sandhill, and poplar. Our best luck was on a red eye sexy shad. Caught a few drop shotting and on senkos, flukes, hard jerkbaits, and spinner and chatter baits. We threw a lot of other stuff in areas where we knew there were fish but couldn't get anything else going. Depending on the lake and side of the lake we found water temps everywhere from 49 to 65. The warm stuff was on the small dirty lakes and all the clear lakes the water was much coller. Had to fight the wind to get most of our fish. Felt bad for the guy on Trade that didn't have either motor working for the tourney. Hope he wound up ok!

He's in my fishing club...I guess he asked a guy in a triton for a lift back to the bay and they said "no". He ended up rowing his ranger across the entire lake trying to get back to the launch. Still weighed a fish in though.

You don't ride a triton do you wink