• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

starting?

I have a 98 chevy truck with the 5.7 in it and about three years ago had a no start problem, it would start for a second and die towed to the dealer thay had it for a week and could not find anything,so about six months later did it again and they had it again for a week and did not find anything, then it did it again then i told them to a new fuel pump in it with the new pig tail so all was well until last night work fine until last night did it again so got a ride home, took the wife to work this am drove back to work and it started up!!dont know it seems if it gets to wet and shorts something out till it drys out or what,and if i rember right it was wet when it happens,but it dont happen in the winter, guys i need your help !!!!!!!!! dont want to take back to the dealer again for the cant find anything again..

i had the same thing happen, if i held the key in just under the start position after it started it would stay running. as soon as i let the key go it would stop. had the wireharness replaced in the steering colum. that was the fix for mine

Pretty hard to diagnose such a sporatic intermittent.

If/when it happens again I'd try checking for spark. At least that might be a clue if it's on the ignition side or fuel side.

I presume you mean it cranks fine, just won't start? Or?