• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My experience has never shown them to grow if left alone. I have picked a few that the wrinkles have been tight, and those may have expanded if left alone, but normally, what you see is what you get.

I have left them also but never saw any added growth. I do believe the deer also like to munch on them.

I thought it was still a bit early but I may need to check a few spots tomorrow for some with a good steak on the grill.

Boy would my wife be happy if I would find a nice bunch to saute.

Found a couple really small ones , but still just a bit early yet. Tomorrow's sunshine will help a little. The dang rabbit's love them just as much as the deer do. I had a few growing in the yard last year, only to look around and discover that little varmits liked munching on them. Rabbit stew with shrooms anyone?

The morels I found were in Blue Earth county (sorry thats all I can say about the location). I did snap a few pics with a friends phone but could not find my power cord to my scanner/printer to upload. I went scouting a few local parks today and only found one very small gray after 4 hours of looking. I went back to the few small ones I found yestarday and they did not look much bigger. Like a few of you stated before I think either rabbits or deer got to a few, I seen a few that were missing the caps and some were missing parts of the caps. I also found a deer leg that was fairly fresh and was stripped clean to the bone.....BT

I don't know why they are called "lie" lacs wink

Because Mille-Lacs was already taken...???

Which by the by, the same shrubs over there are known as Mille-Lie-Lacs...

Besides, Truth-lacs just doesn't have the same ring...

You know what they say...when the Lilac leaves are as big as a Rats ear...

Hey Papa... Don't knock it 'til you try it! Morels with roast rabbit are AWESOME!!! It's one of the fall crock-pot recipes we do here. Besides, there's nothing like a "marinade on the hoof" grin Phred52

I have let a few sit a day or so that did get bigger when first found. Also not sure how much the Deer like them as there is a good size Deer trail right through the area I found them in with shrooms on both sides, and none were touched? At least I hope they don't like them, as much as I do! grin Going out tonight to check!