Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilovehardwater

THERE HERE!!!!!!

17 posts in this topic

WOO-HOO, I just got home from looking in the rain, went out for 1 hour and came home with five all approx 1.5 inches big. Left quite a few to get bigger, good luck hunting everyone...Bt

Wow! Congrats. Do you have any pictures? I plan on getting out after work a few times this week. Thank goodness we finally got some rain.

Did them come from the kato area or further south??

Them good down there!!!!!

My experience has never shown them to grow if left alone. I have picked a few that the wrinkles have been tight, and those may have expanded if left alone, but normally, what you see is what you get.

I have left them also but never saw any added growth. I do believe the deer also like to munch on them.

I thought it was still a bit early but I may need to check a few spots tomorrow for some with a good steak on the grill.

Boy would my wife be happy if I would find a nice bunch to saute.

Found a couple really small ones , but still just a bit early yet. Tomorrow's sunshine will help a little. The dang rabbit's love them just as much as the deer do. I had a few growing in the yard last year, only to look around and discover that little varmits liked munching on them. Rabbit stew with shrooms anyone?

they are really popping down here, but it is a long drive. I only find them when I am hunting golf balls. lol

The morels I found were in Blue Earth county (sorry thats all I can say about the location). I did snap a few pics with a friends phone but could not find my power cord to my scanner/printer to upload. I went scouting a few local parks today and only found one very small gray after 4 hours of looking. I went back to the few small ones I found yestarday and they did not look much bigger. Like a few of you stated before I think either rabbits or deer got to a few, I seen a few that were missing the caps and some were missing parts of the caps. I also found a deer leg that was fairly fresh and was stripped clean to the bone.....BT

After the rains a little warmup over the next week or two should get them poppin' in the Cities...and a week or two after that about an hour North...

I have left some and they grew Gigantic...if they were still there... frown

I don't know why they are called "lie" lacs wink

Because Mille-Lacs was already taken...???

Which by the by, the same shrubs over there are known as Mille-Lie-Lacs...

Besides, Truth-lacs just doesn't have the same ring...

You know what they say...when the Lilac leaves are as big as a Rats ear...

Hey Papa... Don't knock it 'til you try it! Morels with roast rabbit are AWESOME!!! It's one of the fall crock-pot recipes we do here. Besides, there's nothing like a "marinade on the hoof" grin Phred52

I have let a few sit a day or so that did get bigger when first found. Also not sure how much the Deer like them as there is a good size Deer trail right through the area I found them in with shrooms on both sides, and none were touched? At least I hope they don't like them, as much as I do! grin Going out tonight to check!

I cant let a Morel sit and grow I prefer the smaller ones anyway.In my book,if I dont pickem someone else will so there coming home with me smile

Found a few yesterday. Now we got the rain, now we need some sun!

What part of MN?