Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

WOO-HOO, I just got home from looking in the rain, went out for 1 hour and came home with five all approx 1.5 inches big. Left quite a few to get bigger, good luck hunting everyone...Bt

My experience has never shown them to grow if left alone. I have picked a few that the wrinkles have been tight, and those may have expanded if left alone, but normally, what you see is what you get.

I have left them also but never saw any added growth. I do believe the deer also like to munch on them.

I thought it was still a bit early but I may need to check a few spots tomorrow for some with a good steak on the grill.

Boy would my wife be happy if I would find a nice bunch to saute.

Found a couple really small ones , but still just a bit early yet. Tomorrow's sunshine will help a little. The dang rabbit's love them just as much as the deer do. I had a few growing in the yard last year, only to look around and discover that little varmits liked munching on them. Rabbit stew with shrooms anyone?

The morels I found were in Blue Earth county (sorry thats all I can say about the location). I did snap a few pics with a friends phone but could not find my power cord to my scanner/printer to upload. I went scouting a few local parks today and only found one very small gray after 4 hours of looking. I went back to the few small ones I found yestarday and they did not look much bigger. Like a few of you stated before I think either rabbits or deer got to a few, I seen a few that were missing the caps and some were missing parts of the caps. I also found a deer leg that was fairly fresh and was stripped clean to the bone.....BT

After the rains a little warmup over the next week or two should get them poppin' in the Cities...and a week or two after that about an hour North...

I have left some and they grew Gigantic...if they were still there... frown

I don't know why they are called "lie" lacs wink

Because Mille-Lacs was already taken...???

Which by the by, the same shrubs over there are known as Mille-Lie-Lacs...

Besides, Truth-lacs just doesn't have the same ring...

You know what they say...when the Lilac leaves are as big as a Rats ear...

Hey Papa... Don't knock it 'til you try it! Morels with roast rabbit are AWESOME!!! It's one of the fall crock-pot recipes we do here. Besides, there's nothing like a "marinade on the hoof" grin Phred52

I have let a few sit a day or so that did get bigger when first found. Also not sure how much the Deer like them as there is a good size Deer trail right through the area I found them in with shrooms on both sides, and none were touched? At least I hope they don't like them, as much as I do! grin Going out tonight to check!

I cant let a Morel sit and grow I prefer the smaller ones anyway.In my book,if I dont pickem someone else will so there coming home with me smile