• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What will happen whan Mauer comes back?

SledNeck

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Redmond going anywhere. I would think Morales would be sent down to keep him sharp and in game shape.

I thought for sure you were going to start you're annual move Mauer to 3rd, Outfield, DH campaign when I first read the thread topic!.... smile

Hey, the kid (Morales) picked off a guy at 2nd today. First one of the year by a twins catcher.

That being said, neither Reddog or Morales is an everyday guy. I would figure Morales goes down to AAA to stay in game shape and Redmond takes his place on the bench catching a couple specific pitchers and daygame after nightgame situations.

what will happen? i'm going with they will put him back on the dl or cuddles goes on it. they both cant be healthy at the same time can they. i cant believe cuddles hasnt broke a nail yet for he sure hasnt broke a sweat yet. 3 pitches and back to the dugout is getting old.

Geez guys, nothing like jumping on the bandwagon the second it gets out of the garage! Morales has what, 40 major league at bats? Maybe, just maybe, we should just settle down and see how he progresses over the course of the season at AAA. Maybe Reddog or Mauer get hurt again. But to cut Reddog for a guy with 40 big league at bats is crazy.

Geez guys, nothing like jumping on the bandwagon the second it gets out of the garage! Morales has what, 40 major league at bats? Maybe, just maybe, we should just settle down and see how he progresses over the course of the season at AAA. Maybe Reddog or Mauer get hurt again. But to cut Reddog for a guy with 40 big league at bats is crazy.

Finally a voice of reason.

Send Morales down and keep Redmond. Like it was said earlier he is like a coach and has the experience to come thru in the clutch and is durable. Look at next season for Morales to stay. He can work on his game in AAA and get call ups when needed during the season. Redmond may be expendable next season to save money.

If Twins want to keep three cathers to be on the safe side, then I say send Gomez down to AAA. He is not helping at this point and is having all kinds of issues in the field and at the plate. He needs to mature more in AAA. It helped Span/Casilla last season.

Morales is hitting good right now but according to the Twins radio I think Jack Morris stated that Morales barely beat out Butara in spring training for the roster spot......Redmond has always been a good bat for the twins and I am sure is an asset with our pitching staff. Send Morales down when Mauer gets back.....

Keep Redmond, send Morales down. I agree, releasing or sending Redmond down shouldn't happen, send Morales down and figure Mauer will probably get hurt again, or if Redmond is struggling and Moralas is having good at bats in AAA, then re-evauluate at that time.

On April 23rd Morales was batting .250. By going 6 for 8 over two games he raised his average to .375. Two games does not make a career so I wouldn't too exited. The kid has some potential but Mauer and Redmond are better with the pitchers right now and frankly our pitchers could use some help. Let Morales go back to AAA and get at-bats every day. He would get very little playing time in majors when Mauer is back up AND healthy.

He will be a great option in 2010.

agree that Morales needs to go down once Mauer is healthy. He's doing decent batting but the D can always use some work and sitting on the bench isn't going to be of any value for Morales' development.

The same could be said for Gomez. He may as well go down and get work on his batting by playing every day and facing live pitching on a regular basis. I don't think that neither him nor Delmon are gaining much by sitting on the bench so may as well send one of them down so that both of them can get full time playing time.