• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

anyone get drafted by from the gophers

bassNspear

Decker in only a junior and didn't declare for the draft. The only Gopher that was considered this year was DE Willie VanDeSteeg. He wasn't drafted, but there's a change some team will give him a shot. Possibly even the Vikes.

From the Strib:

All of Minnesota's colleges and universities were shut out in this weekend's NFL draft.

For the first time since 1999, nobody from the University of Minnesota was taken. Eighteen Gophers have been selected in coach Glen Mason's 10 years, including four each in 2001 and 2006. But none made the cut this time.

James Laurainitis (LOHR'-eh-NYE-tis) of Wayzata and Lydon Murtha of Hutchinson were the only Minnesota high school products drafted this weekend. Laurainitis, who played at Ohio State, went to St. Louis in the second round. Murtha, who played at Nebraska, was picked by Detroit in the seventh round.

Several players with Minnesota ties signed with NFL teams as rookie free agents after the draft.

Nate Swift of Hutchinson and Nebraska signed with Denver. So did Everette Pedescleaux (ped-eh-SCLOH') of Robbinsdale Armstrong and Northern Iowa. Willie VanDeSteeg of Silver Lake and the Gophers signed with Baltimore. Ramon Humber of Champlin Park and North Dakota State signed with Indianapolis.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Willie in purple. The guy doesn't shy away from contact, that is for sure. Guess the Vikings didn't need him for their outstanding kickoff coverage. Can you imagine him ripping down the middle?

i played against willie back in the day, it was only one game but i can say i did

Willie was a hockey player way back in the day for Hutchinson youth hockey, if you can believe it. I think he stopped playing cuz he would have had to leave GSL to play high school hockey. Lydon Murtha also played hockey until 8th grade I think. He was a monster on skates.