Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chasineyes

Riding on Bike Paths?

4 posts in this topic

this is one for LEP...I overheard someone saying their trying to make it legal to ride on paved bike trails? I find this hard to believe. Any word??

Why would you want to ride an ATV on pavement. Wouldn't it be pretty hard on tires?

I haven't heard of such a measure, but can almost guarantee you with 100% certainty that it will never happen. It's just plain and simple a bad idea. As Bob said, pavement and ATV tires do not mix.

Although I'm for more riding areas, anywhere on pavement isn't the place to establish "more riding areas". Not to mention the current laws state that you must stop and turn off your ATV if/when you encounter "non-motorized" traffic. How annoying would it be to stop every 50 yards, shut off your ATV, and wait for hikers/bikers to pass before you can continue?

Another factor is bike paths are almost too narrow to allow for ATV, bikes, and even hikers to share the trails without some sort of safety risk or liabilities. Many of the bike paths are old railroad grades that are straight and narrow. This would be too much of a temptation for some to travel at excess speeds.

Thanks for asking chasineyes.

I haven't heard of such a measure, but can almost guarantee you with 100% certainty that it will never happen. It's just plain and simple a bad idea. As Bob said, pavement and ATV tires do not mix.

Although I'm for more riding areas, anywhere on pavement isn't the place to establish "more riding areas". Not to mention the current laws state that you must stop and turn off your ATV if/when you encounter "non-motorized" traffic. How annoying would it be to stop every 50 yards, shut off your ATV, and wait for hikers/bikers to pass before you can continue?

Another factor is bike paths are almost too narrow to allow for ATV, bikes, and even hikers to share the trails without some sort of safety risk or liabilities. Many of the bike paths are old railroad grades that are straight and narrow. This would be too much of a temptation for some to travel at excess speeds.

Thanks for asking chasineyes.

agree 100%