• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Propane string trimmer

IFallsRon

I read about it a month or two ago and thought it was a pretty good idea. I seem to always have extra propane cannisters sitting around, seems pretty darn convenient!!

Anybody used it or heard anything more about it?

Sure would love to have a gas auger run off propane tanks. No spilled fuel again...ever! No gummed up carbs... I don't care about Al Gore but I do see benefits to the design if it works like they say.

Interesting....I use a battery operated one now though.

It has a 2 hour run time on one canister....seems like a good amount of time. More reliable they say? How do they lube internal components....still must be oil in there somehow??

Quote:
The Craftsman 25 cc Weedwacker Propane Trimmer Powered by LEHR is easier to use than gasoline trimmer as it starts faster,runs cleaner and requires little maintenance over the course of a full season of use.Twist and go fueling- simply twist on the 16.4 oz propane canister.No choke no priming easy start.Includes Craftsman exclusive hassle-free fixed line head and quick & easy line change.The trimmer is attachment capable.Shoulder strap included.

* Propane Advantage-More Reliable propane will not gum up carburetors

* More efficient-2 Hour run time on just one canister

* Easier and Safer to Purchase and Store-Non-toxic to ground water and soil

* Environmentally Friendly-zero evaporative emissions

* Reduces Dependency On Foreign Oil-over 85% produced domestically

I saw one the other day at my local small engine shop. It is a 4 stoke and has oil in it. it runs off the 1lb canisters and you can refill them off a bigger tank 20lb etc... with a fitting. It is very quiet and absoulutly no smoke.