Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonny_redhorse

Bog Bluebirds!

9 posts in this topic

I went fishing for redhorse suckers this morning at the Forbes Dam (St.Louis River)..the suckers wouldn't cooperate,to cold yet for "the big run" but one small northern did hit my nightcrawler for the first fish of the year for me!(released of course but sure felt good! grin).....The morning wasn't all lost as I did get a few quick images of a couple of spring bluebirds just south of the St.louis River on Hwy #7!....wish they were closer than 60 yards but hey!....lucky to even see em grin...not alot of these guys up here!.....(bird images digiscoped Nikon ED-50)

DSCN5859-3.JPG

DSCN5876-4.JPG

"the couple"

thecouple.jpg

this would have been a "good" shot had it been sunnier and 40 yards closer grin

DSCN5929-5.JPG

and my "first" fish of the year!(froze the fingers on this guy, kinda reminescent of ice fishing weather this morning grin......

P1080033-3.JPG

I like the shot of the "couple", any day now and they should show up in my yard to start looking at nest boxes. The tree swallows arrived on Thursday before the cold spell but I think they headed back south.

I watched these 2 bluebirds for about a half hour and just as I was about to leave 2 more showed up....neat to watch em for sure!...first ones I've seen in years!.....

Great to see the Bluebirds are getting that far north. Warblers can't be too far behind.

Jonny - always love seeing bluebirds in the spring.

jonny, you really got the color to pop on these!

Great colors! Eastern Bluebirds have just arrived here, so I just put up three nesting boxes!