Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bhuntr

Lets see the turkey pics

74 posts in this topic

Put him to bed last night, set up the blind right after they went to roost. Got back to the blind early this morning, started with some yelps and clucks before f light. Once sun was all the way up, I shut up, I had a hen fly down around 7:10, the gobbler came across the field struting the whole way, he almost made off with the hen, but a few clucks and pers turned him around, was lucky enough to smack him at 15 yrds. It was a long 3yrs to get that tag!!

101_0211.jpg

101_0220.jpg

Sweet looking setup...congrats on a great bird, and nice job with the harvest photos!!

Congrats!

Only bummer is waiting for 3 years and it's over too fast!

I have a few pics if someone can post them for me.

You can send then to me and I'll get them post for you.

jeffonthewater at aol dot com

Bird I shot in zone 346 on Thursday!! Off to Nebraska tom for some Merriams!

IMG_0545.jpg

Here is me and my dad in the Black Hills. This is my 3rd bird in the last 4 years out there and my dads 1st. They were taken on April 18th.

dsc07571c.jpg

This is Hugonian1's turkey, his first by the way.

Nice bird Bruce!

DSC00112.jpgDSC00115.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

The bird's stats are 8.25" beard and 1 1/16 and 1 1/8" spurs. Looks like a big bird but he didn't give me the weight.

Congrats!!!

My Son's second bird. 23 pounds, 8" beard, 1 1/8 inch spurs. Called in and taken with a 20 gauge over a decoy in western ND.

3129q35.jpg

My bird called in an hour later.. 22 pounds, 1 inch spurs and 9" beard.

2vd38kj.jpg

Very nice birds Smitty!

Your son looks like he's got this turkey thing figured out. laugh

LOL..Yep, he thinks he is the turkey hunting king right now. We put 4 gobblers to bed the night before. Snuck in there an hour before sunrise and put the blind up. I told him to grab the jake decoy as I grabbed the hen. I walked thru the cattle gate and he walked square into the barb wire on the side of the gate. It sounded like you hit the side of a pickup with a snow shovel. It was LOUD!! Well, we got in the blind and set up. The birds started gobbling from the roost and one let go RIGHT ABOVE us. I had to get my face up to the window to see him. I can't believe he didn't spook. A few tree yelps later, he glided down to just beyond our decoys and went into instant strut. One yelp later and he strutted right to the dekes and the next time he stretched his neck to gobble.....

My dad's 225A bird. 20.4lbs, 5/8" spurs, and 9.5" beard. His first gobbler (2nd turkey- 1st was a jake in 2007), and he did it all by himself, though I helped scout and set up the blind.

Before- 2 days

Turkey09-3007.jpg

After

GrantEaster048.jpg

GrantEaster050.jpg

My daughter got this jake on the 19th during the youth hunt. It was more exciting than when I have taken birds. She did not know what adrenaline was. She figured it out on Saturday when we had some birds near us. Now she wants to go bear hunting. [img:center]IMG_0012.jpg

congratulations to everyone. them are some nice thunder gobblers. hopefully i'll be able to put a picture up here this year

Here's a picture of my first nebraska turkey. 8.5in beard & 7/8 inch spurs. Wednesday & Thursday the high was around 83 and friday late afternoon it started snowing.

MR5_1845.jpg

4/21, Minnesota Eastern, 23lb, 9 7/8 beard, 1 1/4 spurs, shotgun.

Took a gobble on the call to convince him to come in range.

IMG_0534.jpg

My daughter, Sofie (11) and I got a double on Saturday morning. We didn't have anything gobbling close by for the first hour and a half and then our luck quickly changed. One tom started coming from the south and while it worked its way towards us, two more toms came from the west. The first bird actually swung around behind us before crossing the fenceline and walked within 5 feet of our blind. When it came within view of our open window, (I would have loved to have a picture of our expressions) it started running towards the other toms. Sofie pulled up and rolled him on the run! We cheered and she yelled, "I got him!" I looked up and the other two toms which were still about 75 yards out were on their way fast and furious. When they landed near the downed bird, I shot at one while it was running towards the decoys and missed. Luckily the second shot hit home. The third bird continued to attack her downed bird until I got out of the blind and scared it away.

Her bird was 23.5 pounds and mine was just over 18. What a great hunt. We were both shaking with adreneline before the shot and after! I couldn't be more proud.

It was her first turkey and my second.

ccarlson

Carlsonspring2009031.jpg

Awsome pics, I cant think of a better way to get a youngster involved in hunting, its something they will never forget!

Sweet story CCarlson!

WOW! A double with your daughter. That is so cool. Congrats to both of you.

Now there is a hunting story for the books! shocked

Congrats Chuck and Sofie!