Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmendo

Ruby-crowned kinglet and Masked?

4 posts in this topic

Not the sharpest image, however I merely wanted to share this one in order to show those who have never seen a Ruby-crowned kinglet. They're very tiny little guys, not at shy, but they don't sit around very long which can make capturing them on the camera a little challenging! wink

IMG_4090-1.jpg

This is a Yellow-rump warbler. Once again not the sharpest image, but that pose depicting the full facial mask caught my eye! grin

IMG_3992-1.jpg

Thanks Stu - I have never seen a ruby crowned kinglet - now I know what to look for! We did have a few of these warblers pass thru our area last year - but this image is really terrific, I didn't notice the mask when I saw them last year.

I've actually had a few around here lately. Unfortunately, I didn't see the "ruby" crown, so I had to get out the bird book.

Kinglets are definately one of the more difficult passerines to photograph due to their constant unpredictable movements! You did quite well on this one and even cooler that you caught the bird with the crown exposed.