• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Limbaugh and HSUS

PostFrontal

I know this is going to be controversial.

I just read that Rush Limbaugh is now doing ads FOR the Humane Society of the US. This isn't your local animal shelter, but the large well-known anti-hunting organization.

I wanted to know what people's thoughts and feelings are on this?

You can email him at [email protected]

Rush Limbaugh is crazy! He is what I like to call a conservative extremist. I guess that explains your confusion about him supporting the HSUS. You should be confused. The guy rarely makes much sense IMO. I am conservative myself, so I'm not saying this all as someone who thinks guns, hunting, and the conservative movement as a whole, are bad things. I strongly support the responsible freedoms of guns and hunting. I'm just saying that I think Limbaugh gives conservatives, and outdoorsmen like ourselves, a bad name. He makes us all out to be a bunch of crazy gun-toting hilbillies. Now here he goes, acting crazy again. Maybe he's just trying to infiltrate the HSUS so he can sabatage the whole orginization from within!

You and I know both know, that if the right liberal individual, supported an orginization that was against Limbaugh's political agenda, that he would be all over it! It's not about what he says in HIS ads, It's about what the orginization he is representing stands for as a whole. I'm sure I could find an example within the next 2 minutes.

Mongo, Sapper is right on. Doesn't matter that the spots he's doing are for nice little cats and dogs. HSUS is the biggest financial contributor to anti-hunting and animal use in the country. And for a guy who is generally considered pro these things (conservative platform) makes little sense and puts him at odds with all of us, if he wasn't already viewed as a fanatic.

they probably pay well.

I've always said that Rush is laughing all the way to the bank. If he says something controversial, he just gets more publicity, more listeners, and more money. What he says doesn't have to be correct.

HSUS is still nothing more than an Anti-hunting group that joined forces in recent years with another group that specializes in lobbying in DC while retaining the HSUS name for recognitions purposes. Plus the fact that most people think of them as the cute puppy place. That may be true on the local level but nationally it is a complete ruse. Even many local efforts have had severe ethical issues.

Further, a few years back the NWTF published rankings from Charity Navigator that listed HSUS as very low on efficient use of donations scale while the conseravation groups were all right on top when the percent of donations actually going to the cause was measured.

It's always the anti's who speak the loudest, I'd like to see some other than crazy Ted speak up loudly like Jim Thome, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Ryan Klesko, Tubby Smith, Brad Penny, some people with a bit of clout that like to hunt and fish. Looks like Rush likes to eat meat anyway, any hockey guys out here..... As Don Koharski and Jim Schofield had a heated argument this is what I'd yell to Rush as well "have another doughnut".