• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bullheads for sale?

Urbanflyguy

I dont suppose anyone would know how one would go about getting a sales permit for selling minnows well mainly bullheads. I have a spot where i can easily get a sellable amount in just a few hours. i was there today and got what i will need for the weekend for 4 of us in 20 minutes. the water has no milfoil so im clear there. these lil guys are perfect for bait too, they run from 3 inches up to and over 7.

I looked in the book and all it says is you need a permit to sell them and you cant transport from infected waters and nothing over 7 inches.

thanks guy goodluck fishing

DNR

If you are going to sell them, make sure you have a consistant supply. Bully spots come and go with the season progression. Bait shops are going to want someone reliable throughout the summer. If they can't count on having a reliable supply, the probably won't carry them for you.

ty for the advise. the spot i have i know well enough to keep a good supply. i used to hit it for leeches in my float tube and would see monster schools of the lil buggers. i was tinkering with the idea of selling on craigs list myself as i have a pal with an unhealthy obsession with fish tanks and some rather large ones at that, and he is intrigued with the idea too.

off the subject question. has anyone seen a crossbreed between goldfish and shinners? as i am sure i have found one in an innercity pond they have telltale markings of both species and boy o boy i hope it is cause they have no regs on them and they are they are very fat greasy looking things. granted i would only use them as cut bait as i will not be responsible for any new invasive fish