• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is the "Oil Filter on a F115 Yamaha (4 Stroke)??

Lift the cover, it should be on your right hand side, back a bit if your standing in the boat.

Cost for a yami filter? I believe they are about 15 bucks. I just swapped mine out with an AMSOIL filter.

I run AMSOIL in my yami (150 4-stoke), my truck, car, lawn mower, sleds, wheeler. IMO, can't beat it. Oil, filters, etc. Anywhere there's a fluid, its in there. Cost is high up front, but the less changes and better economy and extended life of the motors, pays for its self.

Mail order isn't all that bad from them, they ship quickly. And they ship from Superior, WI to Alex, so its next day via UPS Ground. I'd give you the name of a local dealer up that way, but its against the rules here. But, I'd be willing to bet a few of the bait stores and mom/pop auto shops up there sell it. smile

If you scroll around a bit on the forums, you'll read a ton it it. I havn't heard anyone complain. wink

I am in agreement with you.

I have run it in all my 2 stroke engines for years.

I love the stuff also!!!

I went to their HSOforum and found two people here in Alex that are listed as dealers. I will call them in the morning and see what their inventory is.

Could you let me know what version (oil part number) you are using (recommend) in the Yamaha??

Model? I assume oil and filter?

Filter - I just got my first one, because they didn't make one for the motor until this spring. (i was using the yami filter) I don't remember the part number, my brother-in-law is my rep, I ask, he sends wink

Mine is an 07 - I run 10-40 Marine in it. I change it once a year in the spring (did it twice a year the last 2 years cause I am kinda anal lol.) I do put on a few hundred hours a year, and it always has come out clean..

Lower unit is the standard AMSOIL lower unit goo, buy the pump kit also, its cheap, like 3 bucks or so. (change out in the fall)

The AMSOIL filter is EaOM103.

The oil would be the 4-stroke marine, either 10W-30 or 10W-40

10W-30, product code WCT $9.35/qt retail, $7.20 Preferred Customer Wholesale

10W-40, product code WCF $10.05/qt retail, $7.75 PC wholesale

EaOM103 filter: $16.10 retail $12.50 PC wholesale

Lower unit lube: Marine Gear Lube, prod. code AGM available in quarts and 13-oz tubes.

You can order direct through any of these links, should ship from Superior, WI on Monday direct UPS to you.

(My FM sponsor ad in Automotive forum.)

I run AMSOIL in my yami (150 4-stoke), my truck, car, lawn mower, sleds, wheeler. IMO, can't beat it. Oil, filters, etc. Anywhere there's a fluid, its in there. Cost is high up front, but the less changes and better economy and extended life of the motors, pays for its self.

Mail order isn't all that bad from them, they ship quickly. And they ship from Superior, WI to Alex, so its next day via UPS Ground. I'd give you the name of a local dealer up that way, but its against the rules here. But, I'd be willing to bet a few of the bait stores and mom/pop auto shops up there sell it. smile

If you scroll around a bit on the forums, you'll read a ton it it. I havn't heard anyone complain. wink

You can give the name of the supplier just not the contact info.

Oh And run the 10w40 4 stroke oil in the 115 yamaha 4 stroke. The filter is on the right hand side of the motor if your looking at it from the back of the motor, right by the dip stick.

I noticed nobody mentioned how messy this job can be crazy I would first put a few rags under and around the oil filter area to catch the drippage. My first time took me longer to clean up the mess than to do the job grin and the drain plug, just have a big pan for the first time, I used aluminum tape and made a shelf under the drain plug and held the pan under it, the shelf is shaped to channel the oil into the pan. Good luck

Why run 10w-40 when Yamaha recommends using 10w-30?

I and a few others had a issue with a "mystery Quart". It was a mystery where we would lose a quart about a month. We do run our boats almost daily but still shouldnt be burning through oil.

3 people that I know of and all used Amsoil 4 stroke 10w-30. They switched to the 40 and its seemed to help the situation. Ill be running the 10w-40 this spring and see how I do.

I know I heard some place that others were burning through oil on the yamaha 115 4 strokes so make sure you check your oil level after every few times out until you get to know your motor good.

Changing oil on these is stupidly messy and they need to come up with a adapter hose so a guy can unscrew the plug and then screw in a hose and drain it. I go through a role of paper towels each time.

I make a little gutter shaped slide out of cardboard and let the oil run out of the drain hole, down the slide, and into my oil container. It works really well and saves a bunch of paper towels.

I've been lucky with the Amsoil Marine 10W-30 in mine so far. I also own a F115. I haven't experienced making oil or losing oil yet. I broke it in per manufacturer specs on Yamalube and then switched over to the Amsoil after about 30 hours. I make sure it gets run pretty hard atleast once per outing and I spend most of my time above 4000 rpms when I'm cruising. You might try to run some Ring Free or SeaFoam in your gas and see if that doesn't help with the blow-by you're experiencing. I do run a can of Seafoam in my tank at least once per season.

I noticed nobody mentioned how messy this job can be crazy

I found this out the other day. Just bought the boat a couple weeks ago and needed to change the oil. I could not fit my big oil pan under the drain plug so I added a length of hose to a funnel that then drained into the pan on the ground. Long story short, the funnel did not drain as fast as it came out of the engine! It made a good mess....at least I know what to expect next time! shocked