Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott M

Finding a Color Code

12 posts in this topic

I have a pewter GM (Silverado). I have some spots I want to fix and was wondering where I can find the color code to order some paint for a DIY fix-it-up job.

take your vin number to a auto store and they can tell you the code your vin number is the one on the small tag you can see on the drivers side dash looking thou the wind shield

It should also be on the sticker that's inside the glove box that has all of the RPO codes.

The vin tag with the paint code should be on the inside of the door jam on the B-pillar (or on door) of the drivers front door (maybe GM is different than other makes).

It will be a white sticker(aprox 3"x4") with a bar code, some other codes and the vin #. It will be at the bottom of the tag center, may bottom right of the sticker and maybe in its own squared off box. It should say something like "pntcode=" or something like that.

Good luck!

ok ignore all that.

open the glovebox and there should be a white sticker on the inside of the glovebox door. the paint code is at the bottom and it will look like this WA 1234 or this WA 123A. The numbers will be different than what I have listed here as an example. This is the paint code on your silverado.

Also be aware that pewter on your truck isn't necessarily the same as pewter on someone else's same year Silverado. Maybe you're already aware of this and that's why you're asking, but it's possible someone else isn't so I thought I'd throw that out there. The paint code just doesn't say that it's pewter, but also the different variants of pewter as the paint changed when the trucks went down the assembly line.

ok ignore all that.

open the glovebox and there should be a white sticker on the inside of the glovebox door. the paint code is at the bottom and it will look like this WA 1234 or this WA 123A. The numbers will be different than what I have listed here as an example. This is the paint code on your silverado.

Leave it to Chevy to put it in a place like that grin I would say the above would be correct then.

Even Toyota is on the ball:

"All paint codes for all Toyota models are located in the driver side door jam"

Quote:
"Toyota"

4runner: Driver Side Door Jamb

Avalon: Driver Side Door Jamb

Camry: Driver Side Door Jamb

Camry Hybrid: Driver Side Door Jamb

Celica: Driver Side Door Jamb

Corolla: Driver Side Door Jamb

Cressida: Driver Side Door Jamb

Echo: Driver Side Door Jamb

FJ Cruiser: Driver Side Door Jamb

Highlander: Driver Side Door Jamb

Landcruiser: Driver Side Door Jamb

Matrix: Driver Side Door Jamb

MR2 Spider: Driver Side Door Jamb

Paseo: Driver Side Door Jamb

Previa: Driver Side Door Jamb

Prius: Driver Side Door Jamb

Rav4: Driver Side Door Jamb

Sequoia: Driver Side Door Jamb

Sienna: Driver Side Door Jamb

Solara: Driver Side Door Jamb

Supra: Driver Side Door Jamb

T100: Driver Side Door Jamb

Tacoma: Driver Side Door Jamb

Tercel: Driver Side Door Jamb

Truck: Driver Side Door Jamb

Tundra: Driver Side Door Jamb

Van: Driver Side Door Jamb

Yaris: Driver Side Door Jamb

Even Honda grin

"All paint codes for all Honda models are located in the driver side door jam"

Maybe GM was thinking and put it in a place that wouldn't get painted over? Hmmm!

Ya, service advisors love digging for this info in a customers glove box's grin instead of the door jam.

Yeah those paint code locations are insane! Try finding the color for a MN State Patrol car! Used to be that they all were located under the hood on a metal tag. Too easy! Now once you find the code you have to take out the variance deck and match an actual paint sample to the body of the rig you are painting to make sure that you get the correct variance. Some standard colors are so far off that they are not even blendable.