• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's Pickin' Crawlers This Weekend??

LMITOUT

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just wont rain here. I got a rubbermaid container in the fridge just waiting for some wormies. I had to buy some this week, $3.18 for 24! I use the ground newspaper bedding and I always put like coffee grounds, egg shells, grass clippings for food. We might get some rain Sunday and if so I plan to get some nightcrawlers. My wife asked what that huge thing in the bottom of the fridge was. I just said, 'Worm dirt.' She goes, 'I knew it'.

I still have some I picked last october when we drained our pool ,,,chlorinated water brings them out of the ground real nice ,,,Just put them in some bedding and fed them corn meal once a week and they are still healthy and fat,,,I did have 2 die but thats because they escaped and dried up on the floor

LAS

come on rain ive got some choice crawler spots here in minneapolis and i gotta get my stocks up. Any one ever seen any electric rods that you stick in the ground and get em to come up?

when i was a boy there was an old timer that would bring me out picking them and he had something like it and it worked. well it worked in my memmory as a young boy

I just got in after about 20 min of picking and nabbed about three dozen. They're out there tonight!

I bought some Fat and Sassy worm bedding today to see how that works. I usually use the stuff that looks like shredded newspaper and you add water to it. The F&S doesn't require water unless it really dries up, so we'll see.