• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

camera-vs-vexliar

ethan77

Question

Anyone want to give me there two cents on this? I jsut recently purchased a camera at a auction that has never been used and still in the box.... but I am hooked on a vex but don't have one. We went to lake of the woods a few years ago and fishing is not the same with out one.... but will I be happy with the camera? Same results? And... if anyone has a vexliar they want to trade for I am willing to do that also... or if you want to buy it.. asking 300 dollars.. I know they go for more than that

7 answers to this question

definitely get a vex, if you take a look on the older pages of this form you'll find many discussions on this, and i don't think i've seen anyone prefer a aquavu over a vex... there's so many reasons, just look through the archives and you'll find some good discussions on it..

[This message has been edited by rap (edited 11-17-2002).]

I have both camera and Vexilar. Get a Vex ASAP. Camera's are great for checking out the bottom and even a bit cool for looking at fish. But the Vexilar will definitaly help catch fish, and tell you what the bottom is like. Both are good fishing tools, the Vexilar is the better one.

I don't want to pound the nail any harder into your head, but by far the best choice for you would to go with the Vexilar. I was out with a friend on Lake Winni last year and had a vexilar in one hole and the camera in the other. The camera is an excellent buy if and IF you are fishing in lakes that are clear. I was using the same camera up on URL and Rainy River and it was tough to see fish and the lure.
Hands down, in both of those instants, you can see the lure and you can see the fish!
What's nice about the camera is that it allows you to see what the fish are doing when they come up to your bait.
The Vexilar is the way to go and since you are spending the $300, splurge for another $100 and upgrade to the FL-18, you won't regret it.

Vexilar is definitely the way to go. Learn how to use a Vex and you won't need a camera. Let the Vex be your underwater eyes. Camera's are fun to play around with but they can also slow you down if you are in search mode trying to find fish.

Good Fishin, Matt.

The cameras are nice if you need some kind of enterntainment. But if you need entertainment, then you obviously need a vexilar to get you into the fish. When i ice fish, I fish out on a one acre piece of swiss cheese. I could check every hole with my vex while you were stoll winding up that cord on the second hole you check.