• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Baitcaster reel help

jpaulson

Hi all,

I have a Pflueger reel I am having some problems with. I bought the Purist combo and the reel doesn't seem to be working correctly. When casting on release it seems to be fine but midcast it just dies. I have tried making adjustments (line release not sure the technical term) and it does not change anything. Anybody know what the problem could be? Also does anyone know a good place I could take it to and have it fixed if I am unable to do so. I just started using baitcasters about 2 years ago and have not worked on them before. Thanks in advance.

If you just bought it, return it and get another reel. If that combo's been sitting out on the rack for a while, customers can really beat them up - If you are buying a setup that is on display, it is always a good idea to look over the reels very carfully to make sure it is working very smoothly (check a few different ones and buy the one that feels best).

If you like the combo, keep the rod and just have them exchange the reel from one that is in the box behind the counter. Less likely to have problems IMO. Good luck!