Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buzzsaw

Common Goldeneye (hen) in last light

15 posts in this topic

This guy was a bit skiddish at first, but settled down after a while. I was laying on my stomach covered in burlap camo cloth with my camera propped up on the waters edge between some cattails. (no ticks in the cattails) grin

111700604.jpg

Another great shot in sweet light Buzzsaw, sure do like your stuff. If you were hunting you could probably get those ducks with a net.

If you were hunting you could probably get those ducks with a net.
gringringrin

I will agree. Another nice shot!

You did what you had to do and it paid off, very nice.

Excellent image, great sharpness. Again, the water color and low perspective create a magical image.

I love the glow of this shot,, nice clarity in it as well,, your good to use the burlap for camo,, very nice!!!

It all came together nicely... pretty sure it will be on the wall with all the other prints soon.

Pretty sure it will be on the wall with all the other prints soon.

Dude! When you adding onto the house? You must be running out of wall space by now. gringringrin

Originally Posted By: buzzsaw
Pretty sure it will be on the wall with all the other prints soon.

Dude! When you adding onto the house? You must be running out of wall space by now. gringringrin

Ifonly the wifey [PoorWordUsage] was into nature images as much as I am.... lets just say I have my area's and she has hers.

Not a bad idea for a photo thread however... peoples basements????

I didn't realize (take the ch off of pooch) was a bad word. grin

I'll get something going on that a bit later okay... I have something else "smoldering" right now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Think we should change the topic to "Trump for Trees."
    • Had to go all the way back to Missouri to hunt in the snow this year! Beautiful morning but not much movement. Did see some late rut activity Friday.
    • Dotch, you guys over there are almost famous....   Almost because it is Waseca, but whatever.    Mark Seeley's weather blog... http://blog-weathertalk.extension.umn.edu/   .... Waseca now reports 54.13 inches of precipitation for 2016 and this is a new statewide annual precipitation record, surpassing the old one of 53.52" at St Francis (Anoka County) in 1991.
      ....   And an interesting thought...(from Mark, not me) Commentary on Winter TIME: No question will be answered this week, but I want to take TIME to make a comment about Winter TIME. Managing the TIME in the Winter Season in Minnesota is a different ball game than other seasons of the year, because everything takes longer. No question winter will be felt more frequently soon in the daily weather, and snowfalls will become more frequent this month. The rash of bicycle, pedestrian, and vehicular accidents reported during the snow storms towards the end of November reminded me about adjusting for Winter TIME. Our concept of time needs to be adjusted. Lengthen the time intervals that you have intuitively built-into your everyday habits and tasks. It takes longer to walk places, longer to drive places, longer to dress and undress, longer to warm up the car, longer to degomble (shed snow) when you come into the house. You need to make time to shovel snow, scrape the windshield, clean the furnace filters, When you walk take shorter steps and not too fast...put the boots, gloves and hat on when you go outside....check on the neighbor if their place hasn't been shoveled...everything should slow down..except for the long Minnesota goodbye..that is better shortened...just say goodbye, open the door, leave and close the door behind you....no need to stand in an open doorway for minutes conversing about last minute stuff. Winter TIME is an adjustment that may save you anxiety, regret, or even injury.
    • Would you use a bobber on your rattle reel with these? I would think a lively minnow would pull the line out of the contacts.
    • My my, how the mighty have fallen...  I went back to the thread on the cook subsidy, and what did I find in the second post from you, on the second page....     Gee, you were ok with the 66 million because it wasn't a stadium or something, but now all butt hurt over 7 million of Indiana money?    Now that there is a funny joke.  
    • Thanks to everyone who replied. Lots of good advice. I'll start with an electrician and go from there.
    • Is there some type of frame or carriage that bolt to machine?  Or do the extra wheels just "float" back there?
    • Who has it for that price? Is the transducer included? I have a 5" version. They are good units but if you ever need out of warranty service they will not repair your unit. They give you credit towards a refurbished unit of the same type or let you upgrade to a different model for a certain price which is something to be aware of. I found that out when my elite 5 wouldn't turn on.
    • Your post is demonstrative of the point I am trying to make. Rural areas have been sold a bunch of talk, and you believe that talk and vote against your own interests. The metro area is taking nothing away from the rural areas in terms of taxes, tax dollars flow the other way. It flows that way through employers that exploit you. A particular quote from "What's the Matter with Kansas?" really nails the point home.      
  • Our Sponsors