Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
52#FLATHEAD

Just got a new auger

10 posts in this topic

I just bought the last Lazer Mag Express my store had. I was so excited until I opened the box. The handle is broken.

I see you have to split the case to put on a new handle. Has anyone had any problems w/ the case leaking after handle replacement? What kind of lube is inside the case?

In my job I work on gear cases, tramsmissions & power drives & etc. It seems like a pretty simple task to change the handle as long as I get the torque specs & maybe new seals.

If you're located anywhere near Big Lake where Strikemaster is, you could always stop in and they'll swap it out for you.

You won't have any problem with leak. There is heavy grease in the gear box not oil.

A buddy a new handle on his this year, wasn't hard. But you can always take it to big lake and see if they would do it.

i would make strikemaster deal with the new handle and labor. if it was broke when you got it why do you have to fix it

Just a thought. I would give strikemaster a call and ask about the warranty. I know they have great service, but with alot companies will void the warranty if you pull things apart on your own within the warranty period.

StrikeMaster customer service is the best cool Sending a new handle cool

Looks like he already contacted them and they're sending out a new handle.

The handle is already here!!! Got it switched out, new stickers & all cool

Not much in there, 4 gears & a few shots of grease.