• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What rod do I need to add to my arsenal now?

Craigums

Ok guys I just won a free custom built rod from a B.A.S.S. drawing..

2 Custom Built H2rods Spinning OR Casting Combos with GLoomis Hats!

1). Winner = Craig Plummer – Woodbury , MN

My question is what do I need to round out my arsenal of bass fishing rods? Here is what I currently have

Spinning:

6'0'' MH <---- Docks, jerkbaits???

7'0'' M <---- Senkos, Worms, tubes

Casting:

6'8'' M <---- Spinnerbaits, Crankbaits???

7'2'' MH <---- Jigs

So my question is, what would you add if you could chose your next rod....

Thanks,

Craig

ps. does anybody know anything about H2rods, are they nice?

i just went to gander today and bought a flueger UL 5'3" one piece. regular 80.00...final price...24.98. i think this was a solid purchase. i already have two guide series 6'6" one piece tournament rods for walleyes and bass. crappie time is now upon us!

Ill second that. A good 7' or 7'6" heavy action wouldnt be a bad choice. Also you dont have a good cranking rod maybe a 7' MH with a moderate action. If neither of those sound appealing another 7' MH baitcaster (best all around IMO) wouldnt be a bad choice.

Never heard of H2rods but the price is right...

It kind of depends on what kind of fishing you like to do. It seems like you have some vestal rods already so I would maybe go with a certain application type rod. Go to St Croix site or any other brand that makes rods for certain applications and look at the different specs for each application to get some ideas.

With what you already have I would look at a casting rod. Maybe a 7'H for flippin heavy cover and you could use it for throwing frogs in slop it could also be a good pike rod. Craigums you have a deeper bottom boat no? You might want to look for a little shorter pitchin stick like a 6.5' MH fast or extra fast. I fish out of a crestliner sportfish that has higher sides than a bass boat so I really like the shorter rod for pitching plus I'm a little more accurate with it.

Congrats Craigums!

I don't have a lot of advice for you on this topic but I'd agree with TUTFishing that a 7' caster is hard to beat for all around use.

How did you get entered to win? I haven't won anything from B.A.S.S. but I can't say I've entered any drawings either.

Either a 7-6 MH, fast action casting rod for pitching and flipping, throwing a swim jig or a Carolina rig.

7-11 heavy, moderate fast action for flipping and swimbaits, deep diving cranks.

6-6 medium, fast action, spinning rod for shakey heads, senko