Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Esox_Magnum

Surprise.....

27 posts in this topic

I ordered a new Predator rod from Thornes at the Expo, it was waiting for me when I got home tonight. Great looking and feeling rod can't wait to get out and put some hours on it. I topped it with a new Toro 60 Revo all she needs now is line and shes ready to rock.

Have you tested out your new combo yet? How did it work for you?

Got out and casted a little with it today, worked great. Those glittertails look amazing in the water to. Tourney next weekend it will get a better workout.

Catch a fish grin No idea it will be my first time fishing there but a few have been caught already this year there. All depends on fish mood and weather how the bite is, if it's on then may take 3-4 fish near 40" to win it. If it's off 1 legal may do it.

Good question on strain, I should know that but not sure if it Leech or not. I know theres some upper 40's fish in there not sure what lake average is. I hear people say they saw a huge fish caught there but huge to a bass guy is a small fish to a muskie guy. I'll know more after fishing it over the weekend. Hopefully worth the 5 hour drive.

I know whatever strain they are they are all taken from the brood fish on my home waters same as the one in my pic to the left.

Rumor has it those Iowa beasts are out of Macanzie(sorry for the spelling) lake in WI. Same fish that are the big striped ones that come out of Millelacs.

We have both spotted and striped, I should know this since I do help with the spring netting.

EM, those are looking like leechers. Come to think of it, I have never caught a Wisconsin strain. I've just seen pictures.

MF, good lord that is a monster! Also, your pics are backwards, you have the Muskie in the Chapparral or whatever it is and the little Northern in the Ranger.

Wendelsmusky.jpg

These two look like twins, big bad I wish I would of cought them twins cool Not leech fish, they are macenzie fish a lake in western WI and the genes these fish possess are special.

I think John's has a couple inches on it. It's tough to tell with the different holds. I was thinking that John's was close to a 50lber but he is a little closer to the camera and a smaller back drop. We have come a long way in cameras too.

Who said anything about a dead one? It was still alive in the pic. But yes he did keep it, his choice.

I never thought that we would be comparing an Iweageon monster to a sconnie monster on here! laugh

Look back a couple issues of MI theres a bigger one in there from here to. Guys name was Clayton Will.