• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i've paddled a bunch of it - its not too bad this time of year, but later on in the summer it gets really low. There are plenty of put ins or you could just go in off a road crossing if you really wanted to. You might as well go paddle the rum, its not that much further and its way cooler imo

Most people put in at the Mermaid. Not sure what the parking rules are since I haven't paddled it since I was a kid, living in the area. You can exit at Long Lake if you wanted(or put in at that point if you wanted) or continue downstream to the Mississippi with many potential take out points. Not the most exciting paddle but it is getting your canoe wet which is better than sitting around watching NASCAR or the NFL draft(sorry fans). The Rum, in my opinion, is a better paddle. The St. Croix isn't too far from Roseville, either. If you wouldn't mind driving a bit further, I'd really suggest trying the Kettle. That's fun this time of year. Snake River is a good paddle, too, without driving too far.