• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Belted King Fisher

Catmendo

I wish the lighting had been more favorable this morning, however some days we just have to work with what we are given!

IMG_3874-1.png

Now that I have located serveral King Fishers that are working this area, I'll see if I can improve my results next time...

IMG_3831-1.png

Thank all! Much like the Snow Bunting when it comes to getting to! As for tuff, only by appearence IMO. This bird was within a feather of being killed by a female Merlin moments after I took these photo's! The Merlin appeared out of know where and was nothing more than a mere blur. In a split second, the King Fisher blasted down into the thick cover of willows with the Merlin all over it! I couldn't see what was taking place over the next few seconds, but I will say that the KF was sceaming as loud as it could! The Merlin finally reappeared from the willows and shortly after the KF...still calling out loudly as it took off!