Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shack

2009 Catfish "In-Sider" Review!

35 posts in this topic

So many of you "goof balz" where having fun in the other thread, I figured I would have some fun also wink! I see I got a couple lurkers to come out of the woodwork! laugh Just so there is no confusion, I figure I would start a "review" thread and stop the infamous rumors started by some and my self grin

It is official! There is a 2009 edition of the Catfish In-Sider! I got my copy yesterday and have read about 2/3rds of it.

b6236c17.jpg

At 64 pages long, this is a very nice issue. They must have been listening to Slowhand, because the ad's are held to a very nice minimum. I also feel they have spread out the info between the species nicely this year.

They should be on the shelves with-in about a week or so and all the info I posted is accurate in Hanson's post on where to get them.

My "highlights" of this years issue so far are:

* Tracking Flatheads= (via radio tracking tag)

*Tidal Blues =(Dark might take interest in this article wink At four pages long it covers tips on the Potomac)

* Reel In A Good One & Cat Rod Roundup=(They dissect reel and rods in about 8 pages worth of info. Might be old hate for some, but still a nice read)

Plus more. I will not totally give away the issue, but IMO this is a much better one than we have had in the last couple years.

I have to give Scott Wiseman (IndyCatGuy) major props for his info in the article " A Night and Day Difference":

1bc7271e.jpg

Some very good info. I have to finish reading it though during lunch today. Very, very cool! Cool to have you on board in the cat forum!

I also picked up the new Critical Concepts #3. I have not dug into that one yet, but it also looks very cool. smile

I would say I rate the 2009 issue very high. IMO it has some good info.

Good luck!

Dang Shack! You sure that's not the 1989 edition? Just ribbin, you know it's all in good fun. smile

Bonnie must be treating you right up there on the north metro, I still haven't seen any issues around these parts. Which SW metro holiday stores did you figure might have them?

Oh I know winksmile

I thought I would just play off some of the strong postings being repeated from the "echelons" of the cat forum about no issue being released this year and just twist the whole thing around grin With the issue being so slow to hit the shelves this year, I could not restrain my self. wink I figured enough had suffered, so I let the "cat" out of the bag.

I just ordered mine right off line at Intermedia Outdoors's website. Its on page 20 of their magazine list. I think Jim Buck should have got his today also???

As far as the issue being on the shelves, I do not think it is as of yet. Maybe Beyond Shiners has it, but it sounded like the 28th was the day the stores where going to get it. To be straight forward with ya, I do not know when they are going to be in the stores and I just gave up. smile If you want, you could call Gopher News Inc./company in Golden Valley and ask them. They are the ones who have the 550 copies sitting in their warehouse.

I haven't received my copy yet.....I did however come home to my new Surge Rod sitting on the front step. Game on. grin Any day now....

Very nice rod Jimbuck! cool

Picked up my copy at the local Hy-Vee!! Excellent articles...

Kato I assume? Hilltop or downtown?

Cool Whisker Warrior. That is a good sign they should be on shelves up this way now or very soon.

Originally Posted By: Whisker Warrior

Was in Mankato running errand and stopped in at Hilltop site they had 4 copies left and now have 3 blush. Havent looked at it yet but spun the pages for ad-ratio when I choose to buy and looks like less ads....must be an economic downturn thing laugh.

Cool! I see Deb's info at the MG location was wrong. What location did you get it at Flaco?

Originally Posted By: MinnesnowtaWild
Originally Posted By: Whisker Warrior

Was in Mankato running errand and stopped in at Hilltop site they had 4 copies left and now have 3 blush. Havent looked at it yet but spun the pages for ad-ratio when I choose to buy and looks like less ads....must be an economic downturn thing laugh.

I went to hilltop today and picked up the last copy.

Cool! I see Deb's info at the MG location was wrong. What location did you get it at Flaco?

Not sure what Barnes & Noble he went to after I texted him that my Highland Park "St Paul" B&N had them in!... smile

3 Copies left.

normally I go to the burnsville location, but I was closer to the Apple Valley one and went there. They had a couple remaining.

Good lookin' out Pier. cool Thanks

Got my issue!

Funny how many people questioned you Shack... frown

Barnes and Noble at Ridgedale had about 10 copies left. Look close, they were hiding in the back of the bottom shelf.

Thank You In-Fisherman! Well Done! I thought it was a good issue.

Bonus purchase was Jim Cramer's "Watch TV, Get Rich" for $6.98. Booyah!

Got my issue!

Funny how many people questioned you Shack... frown

I don't know if anyone really truly questioned him or just had fun giving him a hard time smile

Yeah, they need to do more illustration work instead of Stange with a stale smile....nice watercolor work on the illustration.

It would be nice to see more catfish art! I should give Agnew a call and see if he's ready to do one yet.

I picked one up at the FF off 35w and Lexington on sat. they had half dozen copies left.

I guess I will have to stop at the B&N near Southdale. I am pretty sure that there will be one waiting for me. I can't imagine there are a lot of Edina catfishermen. Then again, I met a guy at the USBank in Byerlys one day and talked cats between transactions.

As for believing Shack, there is not a more gullible person on this board than I.

That is a SWEET illustration!!

Anyone check the price on that magazine? $4.99 ten years ago. Can't remember what the new issue cost but it was pretty close to that.