• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Out Of The Wild "The Alaska Experiment"

troutmaster

I think he was just plain bored. Sounded like he was out there to challenge himself and wound up having play down to the lowest common denominator, or that was the way I seen it portrayed on the show.

Overall I think it is a good show. Kinda shows just how pampered most of are now a days.

I liked that show last year also a lot. They kinda changed it up this year compared to how they did it last year. Kinda bummed me out to see all the outdoorsy people leave already. But if you are going to be on that show to push yourself and see what you got, and the whole team slows you down, I can see why he left. With who they have left I am sure they have a long and tough road ahead. Though they did get those last two "hogs" all by their selves!

I like last years show better. Agreed - "cit-idots" is right. I must admit that the blondie is really cute. I only saw the first episode.

I was miffed as why the fishing guide would go hunting. You'd think he'd would commit to fishing as they dudes who tossed in a net held by a rocks had no clue. I was laughing when they decided to toss rocks at birds. Good luck with that.

I suppose it would be boring if they knew what they were doing.

"You guys are idiots, I'm out"... That is the way I saw it. I respect the decision, I probably would have bailed too. If you have to do it as a team, you are only as good as the worst of the players. When you know what you are doing you are either doing all the work, or holding back to let someone else give it a try. The guy stuck with it long enough to see what was going on and he split.

It wouldn't make for good TV to have a show full of experience outdoor folks.

I think he was just plain bored. Sounded like he was out there to challenge himself and wound up having play down to the lowest common denominator, or that was the way I seen it portrayed on the show.

Overall I think it is a good show. Kinda shows just how pampered most of are now a days.

I think he was full of it man, did you see him fishing with that net thing it didn't look like he knew what he was doing. I think he was all talk man!

Yes I know this is a old thread to respond too, but I am procrastinating on doing an online test.

The first one to drop was the older gal from Wis. that was a "hunter". She had hunted before but like the "fishing guide", didn't really seem to have much game.

Though they were both smart enough to see the ordeal being much tougher than it needs to be.

I've been wondering where all the caribou are? I don't think they've seen any big game yet, have they? And what would they do if they actually got a caribou? At least they have a gun now that can kill something bigger.

Maybe they should yell while they're hunting just a little more. wink

Yeah last year they hunted some big game. This year I am not too sure any of the ones left would know what to do with something bigger than a "ground squirrel". Though they did get that nice skinning knife.

Nice that they deked em into thinking they actually had another 14 miles up hill in the snow to go. crazy

I bet if it were six miles on level ground they would have kept going instead of waiting out the scheduled train to take them to their folks.

They foreshadowed that one. But what the heck, it was time.

I have to give the finishers props for their determination. They were fishes out of water for that trip but they were figuring it out and had the confidence and will to finish - even with having an easy button.