• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer for camping supplies and hauling a small boat

DCD

We recently purchased a Truck Camper that we are looking forward to using this season. We would also like to purchase an enclosed trailer that we can pull behind our Truck that can be used to store all of the miscellaneous camping, fishing or hunting equipment that we might need on a trip. We would also like to be able to mount a 14 ft. fishing boat on a rack on the trailer roof. Would prefer that the height of the trailer be only about five feet so that two people can easily load the boat on top of the trailer. Instead of the trailer consisting of one totally open area like most of the enclosed trailers are that I have seen, we would like the trailer to have several side doors that can be opened to access several compartments in the trailer.

Is anybody aware of a company that manufacturers trailers something like this or a company that might be able to build one as a special order? The enclosed trailers I have seen are normally too high for what we would like to use it for.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Google Remackel Trailers in Forest Lake and check out what Dennis builds.

I got a 4'x8'x2' utility trailer from him and love it. I added a rack for the canoe, but it would work great for a small boat too. I was actually thinking the other that, if I got a little Jon boat or something, I wouldn't need to get a trailer.

Use it for utility, camping, ATV, snowmobile...everything I need. Some of the best $$ I've ever spent. This thing will last for a long, long time. It doesn't have separate compartments, but you could talk to him about that - He does custom stuff.

He's excellent at what he does and is extremely cool to work with.

Hope this helps.

Used to see them all the time years ago. Pretty standard enclosed box type trailer with a boat flipped over and hauled on top. Some of the better ones used rollers (probably from an old wringer wash machine) on the back edge to roll the boat on. Wouldn't be too hard to make.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will follow-up with the Forest Lake dealer and also check further into some type of pickup service body that could be mounted on a trailer. I appreciate your assistance.