• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time for some boat upgrades

Scott M

Well, I gave the family boat a good cleaning tonight. It was kinda messy after dragging a bunch of sand and nightcrawler dirt into it at the sturgeon excursion. Sitting there looking at the boat, I decided that it's time for some boat upgrades. With tax season come and gone, I won't be in a position to be doing any upgrades this year, but next year things are looking good. Talked to my wife tonight and she was up for it too. Once you have the boss' blessing what else is left? smile Save the money and I can walk the talk.

For now it's fun to shop around. I had a chance to buy a XOG Crossover handheld GPS from Dave Weber at Pro Fishing Supply. I was very happy with my purchase and how I was treated, and I can't wait to bring my business back to Dave. I only wish it was this year rather than next. I'm looking pretty long and hard at a MinnKota Maxxum or Terova trolling motor, a Depthfinder or Depthfinder/GPS combo, and a high speed hookup for my MarCum Flasher. Best of all I know Pro Fishing Supply will have the right prices and will go the extra mile to help me get it all rigged up.

I may even go a little further and do some other installation...maybe a better audio system, self tapper screw in an equipment rack or some better night lighting...we'll see. There are lots of great ideas for me to look at in the Boats and Motors forum for the next year.

Anyone else looking to do some equipment upgrades on their boats? Now's the time to give it a whirl...We only have 7 more months until ice is here!

Got upgrades I've been planning to do but my main motor started talking dirty to me at the Sturgeon Excursion.

Not knowing whats up with the motor yet is postponing my plans for now. Toss economic concerns on top of that and I'm reprioritizing absolutely everything right now.

Terrova bow mount and Lowrance flasher/graph combo of some sort were on deck for the bow but I'm on hold for awhile now. frown