• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I planted some tomato seeds today!

There's a 27th on my calendar, what have you guys been drinking.

Patti skip the lawn and plant a ton of perennials, grass is highly overrated. I will be putting in the following:

Tomatoes

Sugar Snap Peas

Green peppers

Basil and Thyme

Squash

Pumpkins

And Lisa if you end up with too many tomatoes my Jim will take all your extras.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady Lisa I will be more than happy to take some off your hands, but it sounds like Sir Jim has plans. Good luck with the Tomats. May they grow large and sweet and great tasting.

ULT I am impressed on how you managed 2 days for your day. Way to go...... I am now cancelling April 27th.

G.C.

My trophy wife and I bought another house out in the country next to our daughter's horse farm. Our garden there has been expanding every year and we'll have several dozen tomato plants, that are already looking good in the sun porch. My daughter likes to grow heritage varieties that have very different looks and tastes. We've started growing different types of peppers. I started some Purple Dragon peppers a short while ago. Mixed with the Habenjaros, they would make great paint remover or the base for chemical warfare. We are also putting in 40 apple trees this spring. When I retire and we move out there permanently, I can see where all my spare time will go.

I believe it is three years before you can harvest any asparagus.

As for the yard work the best thing you can do is to get rid of the grass in my opinion. I went with the paver, shrubs and bushes look. To me it is silly to spend time fertilizing, watering, aerating just so you can mow it more often. grin

I agree!!! I would rather be smelling the flowers and eating the veggies than mowing the lawn.