• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Little League Bat Opinions

SledNeck

Just bought a Combat Virus brand bats for my 11 yo. Anybody have experince with these. I know for an all composite bat it has to be used with temps over 65-70F and it has to be broke in well. He has a composite handled aluminum easton that he used last year that worked ok, I just wanted to upgrade to something with a bigger barrel and more pop and it looks like this bat gets pretty positive reviews. His easton was 31" 19oz and this one is 31" 21 oz. Thoughts?

If it is anything like their softball bats it will be good. I wouldn't worry too much about temps but be more aware of water logged balls. I have swung my composites in temps as low as the 30's. By 200 or so hits it should be pretty broke in. Try to get him to rotate the bat during bp to get an even break in. In the softball world they are known for making bats that have good pop but some can lack durability so hold on to the receipt just in case something happens. They have excellent customer service as well. Hope this helps.