• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sleeper House Plans?

BP2

During the off season we'd like to build a good size sleeper (probably 5-6) house. It's looking like we'll build it on skids and it won't travel much. Before I begin, anyone have or know of building plans for such a house?

Thanks in advance for the info.

I am working on a wheel house and plans are hard to come by. I would recommend talking to other people that have them and take a look at theirs. Also, if someone would post them here would help. The planning is the hard part for me. I want my wheel house to be able do certain things and this being the first, it is hard to learn all the information that you need. Good luck and can't wait to see your new home for the ice.

I am finishing a 6.5 x 14 w/v. I purchased the frame from a welder & bought the other peices as I went. Have a Direct vent furnace, oven, t&g interior (or will when it gets up), side door, dbl rear door, etc... Has aluminum sheet (flat) sides & one peice galv. roof. I will have just a tad over 5,000 into it. Alot cheaper than buying ready made since I know how it was built.

I have seen many enclosed trailers converted to a fish house. It can be done. If you want it to crank up and down, you will have to re-enforce where the axles will be. This can easily be done by just putting full length tubing under the trailer for the pivot point, and for where the drop arm will be connected when cranked up. Then put the same size tubing in the corners as the axle tubing for even distribution when cranked down on the ice.

The same system would apply to a flat trailer with the wheels located on the outside. Just build the house on top of it after the drop axles are in stalled. Just make sure that the trailer frame isn't too cheaply made, or you will have to add some support bracing to the frame before you build. Anything can be done. Just make a plan, and do it.

So far, just the shell is done, with one entry door,three windows,double doors in rear, forced air heater, and a one piece rubber roof. The owner figured he has about $3,000.00 into it so far. That figure is off the top of his head, without sitting down and adding up all the receipts. Right now we are working on finishing the inside. It is wired for 110, and 12 volt, all LED exterior lighting, and trailer brakes. The 12 volt lighting is all fluorescent.

Coombia21, I have seen the house built on a trailer before. my buddy who is an engineer call's it redneck engineering at it's best. If your willing to build on top of the trailer spend the extra grand or so if you canan buy a fish house trailer. It would be worth it in the long run. Only if you can afford it though, I understand the tough economy we are in plays a role.