Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Foss

And then there was Sunday

Ken and I had a day full of birds on the way to photograph the sharp-tailed grouse.

Here's a sampling. Man, I could watch pelicans wheel and soar all day long. Truly they are the synchronized swimmers of the bird world. smilesmile

Aside from the drumming ruffed grouse, these are all essentially grab shots of birds we came across while traveling. Squeal to a stop, hop out, shoot as long as possible, hop back in, accelerate! gringrin

All with the Canon 1D Mk3, Canon 200 f2.8L, 300 f2.8L IS or 500 f4L IS with and without the Canon 1.4 TC, most at iso400, wide variety of shutter speeds and apertures. The pellies in particular I shot stopped down to f9 and f11 so they'd all be sharp.

3463125808_d9666f83ee_o.jpg

3463125806_71cfea4ca2_o.jpg

3463125802_e831e72037_o.jpg

3462308359_589d6a9a55_o.jpg

3462308355_5dddfd5284_o.jpg

3462308349_48b8b4546a_o.jpg

3462308347_eb99fdec7e_o.jpg

Hey, some super shots, man! Those pelicans really came out well! Eagle shots are better than I would have thought under conditions we faced and the killdeer really came out nice. I haven't started to look at those folders yet. After sharpies I had some other work to do, and baseball today. I will try to get some up later, however!

Really, my fave is the first ringbill shot.

Boy, after that marathon post-processing session with the grouse, I was ready to just blow off sorting and processing the other folders and go shoot, but I figured if I didn't get at it right away, I maybe never would. gringrin

Think I'll go out this afternoon and see if I can find the pair of great gray owls I located near Ely on Friday/Saturday. I hope they nest here. I only have one series of images of a GGO with green leaves in the frame.

Nice shots! I love watching Pelicans fly.

I need to take one of you guys out on the river sometime to get some nice shots of the Kingfishers that seem to be everywhere lately.

Darren, Kfishers are high on my list of wants. I know where a pair nest here every year in a rock cliff face overlooking water, and I keep promising myself I'm going to make it happen. So far, I haven't.

I think those dats are alot of fun! You gotta keep the fun invloved or it becomes all work right?!

P.S. Man that last Grouse image makes me hurt its so good!

I'm with Mike, that last two grouse images are AAA+++. The killdeer keeps me going back as well. Great outing for you guys!

Great variety! I love how you can see the ring so well on the second ring necked duck image. Some very nice images sir.

I like what Steve did with the baldy. Great environment shot that makes the eye follow the tree up to the bird...Classic!

That vulture looks like he meant business...yikes!

This thread is my absolute favorite on this forum. Thank you to everyone for contributing such beautiful bird photographs!