• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

08 Rincon or 09 Grizzly 550?

nine-tiner

I do have a question for everyone...what do you use for wax/polish to keep the plastic looking good??
good results with Armor All Gel or the "Impoved" spray. Just dont put on seat or handlebars.

It makes the rough plastic really look like new and actually makes it a little easier to clean.

There are some other products that work really well. I wish I knew the name of the stuff my neighbor puts on his motorcycle, that stuff works great! He gets it from the Harley dealer I know.

Congrats on the new unit. I've been kicking around the idea of selling my '06 660 for a 550 but haven't decided yet. The 660 has been a great machine so I have no complaints, but the FI would be nice too.

wish I could post some pics.....don't even own a camera.

I picked the Blue one...had a Warn winch with synthetic rope installed and moved a rack bag from a previous wheeler...so it is stock..maybe some day I will change the wheels out..

on the rincon posts you have to take into consideration rider ability, i ride with guys that have rincons that can go thru anything and their unbelievable just depends how good you are i think
Valid point, rider ability can make a huge difference, but the best rider in the world can't make tire spin when you are in deep mud. This is where I have seen lots of problems with them, especially those with larger tires.

I wish Honda would step up and put competing power in there motor. Could you imagine a rincon with a v-twin 750-800 motor.......

One thing to remember.......the older Honda's are the ones that went forever and ever. The newer ones are still reliable but not like the older ones, With all the newer technology thats in them, theres a lot more parts. From what I have heard from some shop mechanics is that Honda and the rest of the Jap brands are all about the same in the reliability department now due to the fact that they all have similar setups and similar parts.

Buy the Rubicon. If your just going Trail Riding buy the Rincon but if you plan on anything else buy the Rubicon. The Rubicon can Tow a trailer and push snow with ease. The 500 is a good one and its got the power plus the automatic transmission can be switched over to ESP if you really like that. The ride is also excellent on trails and going over rocks and tree stumps. Its a Excellent Machine all Around. Buy a Rubicon you wont regret it.

I guess if you look at honda thats what they are boring, they build quality machines that last, they dont put a lot of flash into them, i have an 01 rubi nothing flashy about it but the thing keeps running no matter what.

The 2001-2004 Honda Rubicons happen to be my favorite year. I like the Big, Tough look they have. Have you had any problems with yours?? I have a 2000 Honda Foreman, There build and they sure keep on going. I just think to buy a new one you would want something that looks better than just a wavy pieace of plastic that all look the same as they do know.

Hondas are great quads but as mentioned the ground clearance is terrible and they ride rougher than h3ll

The other thing I dont understand is why would they put power steering on the Rancher 420, a quad that doesn't have enough power to get out of its own way?

The geometry on the Rincon front suspension is very poor and the power steering would have hidden some of that. If any quad needs powersteering, the Rincon does.

Honda should have put PS on the Rincon. I am not sure what they were thinking there but people will still buy them because of the wing on the tank...

The geometry on the Rincon front suspension is very poor and the power steering would have hidden some of that. If any quad needs powersteering, the Rincon does.

Honda should have put PS on the Rincon. I am not sure what they were thinking there but people will still buy them because of the wing on the tank...

That is the first complaint I have ever heard about the Rincon's suspension.

Having owned one, I will have to agree the Rinny should have gotten the EPS. At a faster pace on rougher trails, the back end likes to wander a little. Nothing too bad. Just enough to keep a person honest.