Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish catcher82

Winterizing ice fishing auger?

8 posts in this topic

I bought a strikemaster ice fishing auger and I wanted to know how I should winterize my strikemaster to make sure it is not damaged in any way over the summer and fall months.

Thanks

I'm from the school of keeping gas in it and firing it up every few weeks till next ice season.

Put Stabil in the gas (follow directions on bottle, I think 1 oz. Stabil treats 2.5 gallons gas) and run it for a while to make sure Stabil makes it into the carb. Drain the rest of the gas from the tank and the start the motor again to run the gas out of the carb and line. When the motor starts to run rough (almost out of gas), spray fogging oil into the carburetor so it gets into the motor. Make sure you have the airbox off when you start the motor for the last time so you can stick the "straw" from the fogging oil can into the carburetor.

Put auger in a dry place to ensure that it doesn't get any moisture/condensation in it over the summer.

Steve

filler up with fresh gas/oil mixture and seafoam. run it for a bit to get new gas and seafoam through the carb. Shut if off and store it upright. Start every month or so over the summer.

Keep gas tank full to avoid condensation issues.

I've had A Strikemaster (2) for the past 16 years all I do is drain the gas,run the engine until it runs out of gas and store it upright. Make sure to loosen the gas cap and also the breather cap.

Sifty

All I do every season is put stabil in the full tank and let it sit. I have yet to have an issue.

If I remember, I start it once or twice during the off season.

filler up with fresh gas/oil mixture and seafoam. run it for a bit to get new gas and seafoam through the carb. Shut if off and store it upright. Start every month or so over the summer.

Keep gas tank full to avoid condensation issues.

exactly. have yet to have a problem doing this.

knock on wood.