• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Paintball Question

Drewski

I have a tippmann 98 and I'm looking at a flatline. My only question is that when you put a stock on with the flatline can you look down the sights? I know they're not raised and It can be tough with the mask on. I have a stock and really want to use it, just wondering if the flatline would be the right choice. Thanks in advance!

Oh, and I noticed that tippmann recommends to use marballizer or proball for paint with a flatline. Does it really matter?

The flatline puts a backspin on the ball to reduce drop. From what I've heard, it's the best upgrade you can do for a tippmann. Marbilizer paint is great, they have a thicker shell and less warping so you'll end up with less breaks in the barrel. It's all I used to shoot unless field paint was required for a match. I wouldn't worry about sighting and a stock too much. If your taking the time to aim, your not going to last long. The best players line up the marker with their dominant eye and shoot rapid shots with both eye's open. That's the best way for a hit and to make sighting adjustments.

I run a 98custom with a Tippmann 14" sniper barrel on it. I considered a flatline but have not heard anything possitive about it. And after talking to some guys who use 98's they tried the Flatlines and went back to snipers. Everything I have heard and read, says the differance is marginal, but the cost differance is quite a bit. When it comes to putting paint on target, at distance, I am happy with what I have.

Do not waste your money on a flatline. sure it can shoot far but you loose way to much velocity for it to be worth anything. I've played a lot of people using these and you can literally catch the paint if you try. thats how bad it is. If you were to upgrade anything i would suggest getting a different gun. tippmans are ok at best. i am assuming you are playin woods and and not speedball... correct? if not then def dont get the flat line and get a faster marker.

"sniper barrel" haha what barrel are you talkin about.

if all your lookin into is a new barrel smart parts makes some good ones, or look into the highly talked about dye boomstick. 14 - 16" is good. if you play up front the shorter the better. easier to snap.

hope this helps

oh and yes paint matters for all barrels. PMI makes some good stuff that is cheap. stay away from Brass eagle. Marbles are good too as well as DRaxxus