• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

re-programming co-pilot

mrjigger

My battery went to [PoorWordUsage] on my co-pilot remote. I replaced the battery, but I don't have the manual for my powerdrive, so I can't figure out how to re-program the remote and receiver.

I pushed and held the reset button on the side of the receiver and the receiver just beeps steadily. I held the button in for quite a while and it does not seem to quit beeping.

I have pushed buttons on the remote, but nothing happens.

Please help. How do I re-program my remote? I fear there might be something wrong with the co-pilot.

All you should have to do is hold the button on the sideplate (receiver) with a pencil, and then send a command with the FOB. It should beep several times indicating that they are "connected".

The mistake most people make when changing batteries is that they get the bottom of the FOB put back on 180 degrees off. (It should be keyed somehow to not allow this...)

well, sounds like I am doing it correct then. Something isn't working correctly because the receiver just beeps steadily. The receiver and the remote just are not connecting.

I may try a different battery. The battery I am using was a new one that was left out in my truck all winter. Maybe the cold ruined the battery.

Say katoguy, do I keep the pencil pushing the button in while I push the FOB?

Does anyone know how long the screws are that you put through two holes on the co pilot into the trolling motor? Or do I use the screws that already hold that cover plate on the autopilot trolling motor I have right now? No screws came with my co pilot, the trolling motor didn't come with a co pilot system.

If this is the kind that fits over the existing sideplate, then you should have gotten new (longer) screws that go through the CoPilot receiver and the motor's regular sideplate. I don't know the length they should be.

Yes, hold in the button with a pencil while you send a signal with the transmitter. You should hear four short beeps indicating they are transmitter is learned to the receiver.

No screws came with it, the wife bought it for me as a surprise. I contacted Minnkota last spring and I got two different sets of screws on two different occasions. One from email and one on the phone. Maybe I didn't describe it correctly, but I don't think I goofed up on my end. "The two screws that hold the copilot to my trolling motor" is what I typed the first time....

Thanks for the help Katoguy, I will try that this spring when I finally dig the boat out. The copilot sat on the work bench the last half of summer last year, I am looking forward to getting it to work this summer

thanks for all the help.

So the battery I put in my FOB is good.

I pushed and held the button in on the reciever and heard the steady beeping sound. I then pushed a button on the FOB but the receiver still beeped steadily and did not stop beeping.

So basically I still can't get the receiver and FOB linked together. I think my FOB is shot.

My question is, since I can hear the beeping on the receiver, does that mean my receiver is still working properly?

Would I just need to buy a new FOB then?

How much does a new FOB cost?

thanks.

Sounds dumb and this may have been asked earlier but did you check the batteries in the hand unit again? Could have had another bad one I guess. I have my book at home for my Co pilot and Ill look it up and see what it says.

Im not positive but I dont think so. I didnt see anythiung in my booklet.

If any of you guys need I can order another instruction booklet and have it sent to you.

Oh and I also have a connection to get more hand units but e-mail me about that.