• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog Barking

Joe15

My lab is 10 months old now and still insists on barking when he wants to be let out of the kennel. How do I break him of this habbit? I have tried to ignore it but he honestly barked for 2 1/2 hours and then I just gave in. How can I break him of this?

Have the hose sitting by his kennel and turned on with a spray connector at the end, When he starts barking run right out there and sternly say his name and give him the command quiet or no bark, and if he keeps it up give him a face full of water with the hose. No this doesn't make him afraid of water because we used it on our labs and my GWP. Repeat process until he is broke of the habit. Of course the easy route is a bark collar which means batteries, etc.

Citronella Anti-Bark Collar..

Has been on her for 3 weeks now.. Not one peep out of her.. till yesterday, but that was only because it needed a refill.

My dad used a shock collar for his lab and it did work.. just that the collar kept malfunctioning.

You can find at your local petsmart/petco. Lifetime warranty too!

I vote for the bark collar, and human disciplin when you can for an add on. But the collars work well for kenneled dogs. In the house imediate checks keep them quiet. Good luck, I have never heard of the citronilla collar, sounds interesting.