• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bulk Ammo

Pikemaster101

Question

4 answers to this question

I used to buy 7.62 x 39 in bulk from Cabela's that was pretty cheap. That may be an option for you.

I don't really know what "cheap" is anymore for ammo, though. I used to get 500 rds of that ammo for $45! Now I think the same goes for $140 crazy. I would also get 500 rds of .40 S&W for $50 and now that is $155 crazy.

I've looked at .223 ammo along with many other calibers online lately but it seems by the time you add in shipping it's not much cheaper. Sometimes I'll find a deal somewhere and come to find out it's sold out! Hopefully ammo prices start to fall soon.

The ammo companies are having a hard time keeping up with the demand especially in the popular calibers like .223 - .556 - .308

.45 - 9mm and 7.62x39.

Even some of the more desired reasonable handguns and rifles have gone way up.

I just waited nearly 6 weeks for a handgun and it was over $150 more than I could have purchased it last summer. ARs are flying off the shelves IF you can even find one.

Between the economy and anti-gunners, people are worried and want to make sure they can protect themselves if the time ever would come.