• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

straining deep fat fryer oil

What do you use to strain your oil? I have used one of the battery powered units and was not real impressed, I have also used the cone filters. I am going to be buying another system (the battery powered pump went badd) I have not been impressed with the amount of time it takes to strain the battery operated ones or the clean up time.

Just looking for advice before I purchase another system, but am leaning towards the manual filter system.....seems quicker and easier.

Hey eyemaster, I strain my oil into a funnel that's lined with an automotive paint filter! They're clean, and the temp of the oil during the next frying kills any bacteria, they don't release strings or things. I've been doing this for the last 13-14 years and I'm still here to tell you about it. Stop into your local auto parts store (the kind that sells paint to body shops) and ask for some paint filters/ strainers. My local shop gives me 30 or 35 at a time, no charge. Phred52

When straining your oil this way, let me see if i am getting this right, after your done cooking, you let it cool down some then strain from your cooker thru the filter in the funnel to holders of some sort, gallon jugs or whatever and then how do you store it, if you doing it like i think do you put in the freezer or fridge?