• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prestige or Not to Prestige??????

zamboni

I decided to go Prestige today on COD:W@W and am wondering still if I made a good decision or not. Starting all over is horrible. I am having friends ask me to play, and I tell them all no now (don't wanna look bad). Some of the team DMs I look downright bad on, my kills with the original guns and perks have gone down big time.

I think the prestiges allow you to add more classes so you can have more set-ups in a given game. I'd recommend playing games like War or HQ where you get a lot more points without having to kill as many people. Plus you can usually use a strategy that allows you to get more kills with those weapons.

One thing good about is you go from 4000 or so XP to a promotion back down to 100. I am already up to 9 level Prestige. The one thing I really hated losing was my bouncing bettys, I love those things.

I'm level 23, 2nd time prestieged. Business is getting pretty heavy now, so I'll be done probably until winter.

I agree about the bouncing bettys. I had those, and used overkill so I could have a STG44 with silencer and also carry a PTRS.

I could sneak around a map, since my STG wouldn't show a red dot, and then set up and snipe a couple guys, using the betty's to block entrances to where I was hiding.

ya but if you dont prestige all your xp points dont count for nothin.i prestige all the time.once i do then i play capture the flag or search and destroy for the big points.before you know it you have all your good guns back.and once you do prestige that gives you another weapon option in the create a class.it doesnt take long to rank up.

I took prestige my first go around but one night after a few too many i tried to change my name and ended up deleting my character oooops. im slowly working my two characters back up. it would be nice if they would let you take one weapon when you made the change.... id really like to keep my mosin. Anyone play on the wii? my two characters are bruno and travellar

the game is to prestige.so you dont get the good guns right away.its just fun getting back up there.as for cod4 i prestige all the time also.once i reach the end then i will go for gold guns.i just wish waw would give you something for headshots.

Anyone play on the wii? my two characters are bruno and travellar

Sounds like we got the bottom of the barrel on wii compared to the other systems. I'm sitting at 65 of third prestige getting my kills up before I start over. Not really sure what the advantage is. Only use 2 weapons packages consistently so the extra classes go unused. Would like to try the other systems to see if they have server issues as much as wii. Firepower seems to vary greatly from session to session also. I play under vuja de and occassionaly (.Y.)

I am not a big fan of CoD4. When I go back to it after playing WaW, it just seems slow. As far as prestige is concerned, I say don't do it. Sure you get those extra weapon slots, but who uses more than 5 different setups? Personally I use about 3 or 4 at max(I have them set up for the modes I play). Has anyone seen the new trailer for Call Of Duty 6: Modern Warefare 2? Supposed to be coming out 11-10-09.

really? thought it was like it never happened

Pretty sure every point, kill, death, challenge gets counted. After a connection kicks you from a game you should be able to hit select and see the points you got from that game.

As for weapon slots, thats the only reason Im prestiging in WaW. I like having lots of different weapon/perk setups to choose from for different games. Ill probably stop when I have 8 weapon slots though.