• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lakemaster 2009

desert_bulls

"The All New 2009 LakeMaster® ProMap Minnesota Card is plug & play, which means you simply insert the chip into your Lowrance unit, turn it on, and the lakes automatically appear on your screen. It's that simple. The new MN chip is loaded with an amazing 770 total lakes with contours, of which 180 are high definition LAKEMASTER PROMAP lakes. That's over 50 new ProMap lakes. Just a few of the new updates for 2009 include: Shallow Water Areas for all ProMap lakes, Western Lake Superior in amazing 3 foot contours, Duluth Harbor and St.Louis River in 1 foot contours, and all of Kabetogama lake in 1 foot contours!"

Not to rip GM, but look elsewhere for questions about new products. They always seem to be behind the eight ball on this info. I was at cabelas today, they figure they should have the chip in the first week in May.

Here is their press release.

LakeMaster is pleased to announce the long awaited release of the 2009 LakeMaster Digital product line compatible with Lowrance/Eagle GPS electronics. Our 2009 map card series for Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and Lake of the Woods/Rainy Lake will be available for shipping beginning May 1st, 2009!

The new LakeMaster products include:

More Hi-Definition lake coverage for each State.

More Hi-Definition survey data for Lake of the Woods.

All LakeMaster products are compatible with the new Lowrance HDS series of GPS units.

We have enhanced the depth contour line graphics for easier viewing on the new HDS units and most older Legacy units.

A complete list of new lakes added to each product will be available on the LakeMaster HSOforum April 20th.

NEW! Minnesota 2009 High-Defintion 1'-Foot Surveys

NEW! Illinois / Iowa 2009 Lake List

NEW! Woods-Rainy 2009 Edition GPS Map Card

·Also includes depth contours for Crane, Namakan, & Sand Point

·Now includes Whitefish Bay, high-definition 1-foot contours

·High-Definition 1-foot contours for Lake of the Woods, Rainy Lake, Rainy River & now Kabetogama

·Shaded shallow water areas for easy depth recognition

·NEW! Wisconsin 2009 High-Defintion 1'-Foot Surveys

·New! Michigan 2009 High-Defintion 1'-Foot Surveys

For Complete Product Lake Lists visit

LakeMaster Lake Maps

1-800-540-5747

59 East Broadway, Little Falls, MN 56345

Was in GM yesterday asking about the chip and the counter man said the info he has gotten from HQ was it was delayed until July 1.....hope he is misinformed.....By the way i could not get a good answer, can you help...I have an 07 chip and wonder whats the reason i should get an 09 chip??? don't care about new lakes as I have enough lakes in Brainerd area to keep me busy....what else would they have to offer besides new lakes....Tk

stoney

I have the 08 and I'm so pleased with it I dont have much reason to upgrade like LakeDoctor said it comes in on what ever lake you are on i think its very user freindly I wont go fishing with out it I thinks its the best thing since the greenbox 50 yrs ago or whenever it was invented lol

I see reed's has them for $99.00 along with free shipping. there are a few older versions on c...list going for anywhere from $50.00 to $ 80.00 In my opinion buying a new 2009 version loks like the ticket. Folks selling use sporting goods items in Minnesota must figure there is no depriciation on used items

I just picked mine up from Scheels in St Cloud. I called Gander and they told me that they weren't even released yet. Reeds also has them with free shipping. As far as selling them on [YouNeedAuthorization], I have my old chip on there and many people who haven't had a chip or don't need some of the added lakes, why wouldn't you save some money and buy a used one? Most people never fish the newly added lakes and if I didn't, I would have never upgraded. I think your statement on depreciation is true on some items, but as far as a chip, why pay more for features you will never use?

Does anyone know if they are going to have any Micro SD versions to use in the Lowrance ones. I know the new Lowrance handheld GPS units are going to Micro SD so it would be nice to have that for when my H2O finally konks out and can't be replaced.

Just ordered my 2009 MN lake Master chip. I was happy with the 2007 but as I scanned the new HD 1' contour lakes for 2009 I noticed that Elephant Lake has been added and since this is where I do all my MN fishing I had to upgrade.