• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Playoffs

Quackaddict9

Sorry to disagree guys but this guy has a rep for doing this same thing over and over. He also leaves his feet when making the hits and there was no way he was playing the puck. His elbow was way too high, it hit Havlat on his face guard. High elbow plus leaving his feet to make the hit plus a reputation for doing this makes a bunch of Hawks mighty angry. Look for some retaliation tomorrow. Havlat probably will not play.

If it was Byfuglien hitting Hossa like that, most Blackhawks fans/players would think it was clean...then the Red Wings fans/players would think what the Blackhawks are thinking of the hit that Kronwall gave to Havlat. Typical.

Hawks win, they need to focus on winning game 4 at home, if its just about retaliation, well the series is done in 5 games. By the way, Havlat is in the line up for today's game.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted this to be a competetive series, but after watching the begining of this game and the soundbite whining from Hawks I want this to be a schooling for the snot-nosed up-and-comers; halfway through the 2nd I think school is in session.

I have a feeling you guys are going to be seeing a lot more from these "snot nosed up and coming whiners" Making it to the final four in a year where they were not expected to do so and more than half the team is under 25 years old. Hockey scene is looking pretty bright here in the Windy City. Detroit can hoist one more cup this year, maybe, but the Ben Gay is going to run out and it will be our turn over the next few years. Much brighter than whatever team is now playing in Minnesota, Northstars, Wild, Woolies, Whatever!

As for the hit, my opinion is just as valid as some bloggers and I saw what I saw, he left his feet to deliver the blow and does it on a regular basis and has a reputation for doing it and people who understand the game know that these are characteristics of a cheap shot artist. You are not going to convince me that his intentions were not to injure on the hit, PERIOD! Elbow was way high and he was leading with it, good solid clean hits are delivered with the shoulder to the chest not the elbow to the face. Go ahead and blabber on some retorts now all you Hawk Haters!

I have a feeling you guys are going to be seeing a lot more from these "snot nosed up and coming whiners" Making it to the final four in a year where they were not expected to do so and more than half the team is under 25 years old. Hockey scene is looking pretty bright here in the Windy City. Detroit can hoist one more cup this year, maybe, but the Ben Gay is going to run out and it will be our turn over the next few years. Much brighter than whatever team is now playing in Minnesota, Northstars, Wild, Woolies, Whatever!

As for the hit, my opinion is just as valid as some bloggers and I saw what I saw, he left his feet to deliver the blow and does it on a regular basis and has a reputation for doing it and people who understand the game know that these are characteristics of a cheap shot artist. You are not going to convince me that his intentions were not to injure on the hit, PERIOD! Elbow was way high and he was leading with it, good solid clean hits are delivered with the shoulder to the chest not the elbow to the face. Go ahead and blabber on some retorts now all you Hawk Haters!

Nah it's going to be Pittsburgh this year...Hossa will wish he never left the Pengs.

That would not be me [hawk hater]unless your'e talking about the bird grin anyways I'll have to watch the replay again and see what I see. I did think the elbow was high but did not see any feet leaving the ice so I'll check it out and see what I think! Hopefully the Blackhawks can rebound back for game 5...

Quote:
Go ahead and blabber on some retorts now all you Hawk Haters!

Windy, I checked the replay and if you stop it at the point of impact you see the puck at Havlet's skates, so there's no way it's interference. Cronwall's shoulder is also delivering the hit and his feet were planted at the time of the hit. And Havlet's head was pointed towards the check. I guess we can agree to disagree on this one.

Game 5 is in De-toilet, I mean Detroit. The Hawks' run will most likely end, but it was a good run by a bunch of young guns. Fun team to watch, that's for sure. I was almost tempted to pull out my old school Hawks jersey from the early 90's...aka the North Star-less years! grin

We can agree to disagree about the Havlat hit. The Hawks let that hit carryover into the next game; and Detroit not having either Lidstrom, or Datsyuk, Chicago should have taken control of that game from drop of the puck instead they rolled over.

Glad everybody can agree to disagree on that one thing. That is not what this series hinged on. Wings are just too good at this point in their careers and Hawks are just too young, for now. Pitt may just take it all, I could go for that. I think the Hawks just could not establish a goalie in the series. You can't keep pulling and switching three goalies in a seven game series, just no continuity there. Good season, fun to watch, played way over their heads, better days ahead! Go Hawks, thanks for the memories!

Just saw the hit, looked clean to me. Just because a guy gets injured doesn't somehow automatically mean it was dirty. Havlat's head was down and he paid the price. It also gets ridiculous when everyone goes after the guy who throws a clean but hard check. Remember people this isn't basketball, if anything its more like football and you hardly ever see anyone taking offence to a hard hit.

You know what? I keep hearing you guys say that Havlat's head was down. Last time I checked, Marty Havlat is a human being and not a giraffe so whether his head was looking up or down it should be in about the exact same position since the human skull is on a pivot. Now Kromwell's elbow which is attached to his arm has the ability to be raised and lowered at will and that elbow was raised to the level of Havlat's skull, Havlat's skull was not "lowered" to the level of his elbow. High elbow, intent to injure!

Probably the hit of year and clean of course. Although

I don't really blame the officials for making the call it happened so fast and the guy almost died. If the Refs don't call something we all know how the highly uneducated Chicago Fans can be and that place would have irrupted with the unruly Frustrated fans.

It was a good run for the Hawks but lets face it Chicago Pro sports are just horrible these days from top to bottom... sad if you think about how much money the big market Windy City spends on Pro sports and to have all the pro teams in the doldrums is tough almost embarrassing to watch!

Hi Windbag!...LOL

Pier,

If all the Chicago teams are in the doldrums, having ALL made the playoffs this year then give me more of the doldrums! How many of your teams made the playoffs this past year? Let's see, there are the Twins.....wait, did they make the playoffs last year? I forget now......LOL

Wind(y)Bag

So now just making the playoffs and losing is an accomplishment in Chi-Town?...its worse than I thought thanks for update.

So I imagine they're "fans" probably jumping for joy tonight, Windy, just making it to Overtime before their season ended...LOL

In other news, all members of the Wild improved their golf games in the past month! blush

It's sad to think that Detroitlet of all cities has probably been the most successful of all the midwest sports cities over the past 25 years.

You know what? I keep hearing you guys say that Havlat's head was down. Last time I checked, Marty Havlat is a human being and not a giraffe so whether his head was looking up or down it should be in about the exact same position since the human skull is on a pivot. Now Kromwell's elbow which is attached to his arm has the ability to be raised and lowered at will and that elbow was raised to the level of Havlat's skull, Havlat's skull was not "lowered" to the level of his elbow. High elbow, intent to injure!

Go watch the replay again. Havlat was crowched down a little looking for the puck so his head is lower than normal, when Kronwall came in his elbow was clearly at his side. Sure after the initial hit his elbow comes up along with the rest of his arm, doesn't mean its an elbow, just a follow through on a very hard and clean hit.

Pier,

Just trying to contrast and compare the two cities that we are passionate about. Now go ahead and tell me how great it is that the Twins owners are so cheap that they won't spend the extra money to be successful and how it is great to ALMOST make the playoffs while spending a bazillion dollars less than the White Sox and only missing by ONE game! Tell me again how great it is not to make the playoffs and how great it is not to spend money. How much of your money do the Twins get? I know the Sox don't get much of mine so I say SPEND BABY, give me the Midwestern Yankees and buy till you win! Its not my money they are spending.

I guess we shouldn't debate the Twins in the Hockey forum here...but its laughable at best to compare the Twins success both recent and in their history to either of your High spending Chicago Baseball Teams.

1 World Series in close to 200 years of combined Chicago Baseball....keep spending big guy, keep on spending, its really working my firend!

Pier!... grin

Funny thing Pier,

Is that I can not recall spending one of my hard earned dollars to sign any of the free agents or hot new prospects in the past 30 years. I have not received one call from Jerry Reinsdorf, Mike McCaskey or Arthur Wirtz asking me for a dime. However, when I do get a call from one of them I will be sure to post it in here and get your opinion on the free agent that they might be considering signing and God forbid, overpay and see if you think they might be worth the money.

By the way, what interest rate are you getting on all the dollars that your cheap teams in Minnesota are saving. Since the Twinks spent something like 30 million less than the Sox I would guess you have quite a little nest egg saved, right? LOL

Yeah, they are. the Pens had a couple of posts last game, which could have changed the outcome. If Osgood stays hot, they'll take it.

I just hope the Pens win a few games so I can watch the final game since I'll be up on Rainy this weekend.