• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lowrance interference - 510c and 20c

mrjigger

Question

I just purchased a lowrance 510c. I already owned a 20c. I got the 510c all hooked up and I think I am getting some interference between the two.

I primarily use the 20C for GPS now. So I only have 1 transducer which is connected to the 510C. When I have both units turned on, the 20C has trouble locking into satelites, and when it finally does acquire satelite signal, the signal goes in and out of lock. But as soon as I turn the 510C off, the 20C immediately acquires satelite signal and maintains the signal.

Not sure if this is related or not, but I am also have trouble with the 510C losing bottom, etc.

I turned the chart off on the 510C, but that did not seem to help. Previously I had a LMS-480 which I used with the 20C, hooked up the same as the 510C, except for the GPS of course. Had no interference between the 480 and 20C.

Anyone have any ideas???

5 answers to this question

When I have both units turned on, the 20C has trouble locking into satelites, and when it finally does acquire satelite signal, the signal goes in and out of lock. But as soon as I turn the 510C off, the 20C immediately acquires satelite signal and maintains the signal.

I'd be curious to know how far away the GPS puck is from the two units because I had the same issue and found it was due to the puck being too close to the graphs.

My boat originally came with an LCX-28c which worked great until I added a 520c and then my GPS signal was garbage. The GPS puck was about three feet from the 28, but I installed the 520 between the 28 and the puck and that was close enough to mess everything up. Since moving the 520 wasn't an option I moved the puck to the other side of the boat and everything works great.

A good way to see if this is indeed the cause for your problem is to unscrew the puck from it's mounting base and move it around the closest graph while watching the satellite signal strength screen. When I did this it was evident that the distance from the puck was the problem.

yup, the puck was too close to the units. Did not have that problem though when I had the 20C and the LMS-480 hooked up. I had the puck litterally 6" away from both units and they both worked fine.

I moved the puck up to the front of the boat where I had network plugs for when I fish up there. Everything works great now.

Thanks for all the help!!!