Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinchicks

Pelicans

9 posts in this topic

Had to deliver some seed to a customer of my hubby's, so my middle daughter and I decided to throw the camera in the van and see what we could find on our way home. The lighting was horrible with rain moving in, the temps were dropping, and it was very windy. We didn't see much of anything until we stopped at the Lac Qui Parle dam. There were quite a few pelicans coming and going in that area. The three photos were taken by my daughter, handheld while shivering. Next time we need to remember at least the monopod!

Incoming! (edited and cropped)

3453501479_1e08a50f96_o.jpg

Coasting in (resized only)

3454315670_43ea161f79_o.jpg

Lowering the landing gear (auto color corrected and cropped)

3454315744_1e95525041_o.jpg

I love pelicans. She did well for the conditions. I have to head up there soon!

I like to watch the pelicans circling over my house every summer. They look so majestic when they are soaring. We live 4 miles straight south of Cottonwood Lake, so we are fortunate to see them just about every day.

My daughter is just learning about all the settings on my Digital Rebel, so I tried to have it all ready for her to just shoot. She did very well tracking the birds as they were coming in.

Nice shots, chicks. I'm with you on the majesty. There's something about the way those pelicans soar and wheel that makes me want to be up there with them.

Nicely done! Pelicans have just recently arrived here in Lockport. With in the next week or so, they'll be upwards of 800 pelicans foraging below the dam!

Great images of a beautiful species in some great breeding condition plumage.