Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrowRiverRat83

Laying vinyl in boat

4 posts in this topic

I have a 95 Lund Rebel with a factory floor and carpet. The carpet is getting pretty staind and worn out. How difficult would it be to rip up the carpet and replace it with some marine vinyl. Where is a good place to get vinyl flooring, FF? I've never done any project with boat floors, so its all new to me. Has anyone else done this and can share some tips? Thanks.

sometimes the carpet comes up real nice, and other times it just tears off in little shreds. Either way, you'll probably have strips of rubber and glue left behind. We usually use a putty knife to remove what's left. You'll need to get it all scraped off or you'll see it later when you lay the vinyl. The trick is to lay it out and work your way out from the center so you dont get any wrinkles.

I've used Dot Deco brand with good results. But as Steve says, you will see any imperfection later with the vinyl. I used new wood in all the times we did vinyl with good results.

I don't think you can find it stock at many palces, I ordered from Cab. but Iknow they have it in more colors at other places. We used tan smile works great on my pontoon and duck boat, not slippery at all, easy to clean up.

Good luck, you won't regret vinyl, whatever kind you get.