• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to move a lawn shed???

So...I have an 8x12 lawn shed that I need to move to a different spot in the yard that is about 30-40 feet away from present spot and there is no way to use a truck, trailer, etc. It is 2x4 frame with your typical shed siding, shingled roof, etc. It is built on top of 3 4X4 skids.

Any ideas on best way to move and reposition something like this?

I had the same issue last fall. I got some treated 4x4x12 and some pipe and it worked a bit. It would have been better if we'd have had some round fence posts or something. You need at least 4 of the 4X4's and you just sort of keep building a 'track' until you get where you want to go. I have a roll around car jack and it worked well to lift the thing up and get the 4x4's under it. The 'fine' tuning of the position was just done by levering the house into position.

Biggest piece of advice - have the place you want to put it all set - leveled out, maybe some pea gravel or something to set it on. I didn't and it was a PIA to get the house square enough to be able to close the doors.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Especially the tip on prepping the site to be level, etc a head of time...I am definitely going to do that before moving. I'm thinking we are going to do the roller and plywood method along with a come along since I don't have a 4 wheeler. Wish me luck.

a couplla years ago I had to move my 8 X 12 walk- in cooler using 4 inch PVC pipe. So, I'm thinkin you could use either the PVC or round posts. I think you can use a lever/folcrum to get it up and position your stock under it from the front to the back and roll it fairly easy over plywood. It should swevel fairly easy to get it in to the new position.

If you have a snowmobile trailer, get a handyman jack under each corner and jack it up, blocking it periodically just in case, then run 4x4s across the trailer to catch all 3 skids, back the trailer under and lower it down. Reverse process to get it off.