Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
swedishpimple

1977 15 HP Evinrude Issues

5 posts in this topic

This bullet proof motor has server me well for all of my 30 years. But something is wrong. Last year it was giving me fits, so I got a carb re-build kit. That went in easy and she fired right up.

Now it seems to die under load. It idles fine and everything seems great....then wen I want to go it dies.

Any Ideas?? Before I bring it in for professional help.

I presume you winterized it, put fuel stabilizer in the tank and ran it to get the stabilizer through the carbs?

marine_man

I wish I could say that I properly winterized it,,,but it was not running...the pull rope broke so I was on a "short leash" there.

I need to fix the rope before anything......the only winterizing I did was to make sure no water was in the lower unit.

I am sure now...I have some bad gas throughout the system.

scratch that last post.....I forgot that I have been running Sea Foam on me duck hunting motors to help with the winterizing....I did not Fog the motor...but some Sea Foam should have worked through...the motor did idle when I test ran it wit the muffs.....it would die in the lake under load.

It should take care of things... when it wants to die, pull the choke... does it pick up?

marine_man