• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I've only fished Hay Creek

Jari Razskazoff

So, I live in the cities, and want to go trout streamin', but I'm sick of fishing Hay creek... any cool rivers, or streams that I could wade in, and have a hope of catching a trophy, or that there of? I don't mind driving a little more, but the book from the DNR is good help to show where trout streams, but i tried once to check out some of the other streams listed in the book, but they are all so small, and shallow, and... well, is there anywhere around that I could feel a little more confidence in a chance of getting some bigger trout?

Whitewater River, Beaver Creek, Root River, 3 larger bodies of water that come to mind. One thing to do is check out the stream on google earth with the trout guide as a reference. That'll give you a better handle on what you can expect

The little cannon river is a decent one to fish pretty much all over. One day i went fishing on a section that does not get fished heavily at all an caught 7 browns smallest one was 17 inches and the biggest was 24 inches awesome day of fishing. I also got a bunch of chubs.

Ever considered western Wisconsin? Shell out an out of state license but I think it is worth it. Pretty hard to beat the Kinni and Rush. Both have high numbers of trout and are more substantial rivers in comparison to Hay. You can get to Glen Park and fish lower Kinni in 30 minutes from the TCs.

I have fished Little Cannon. Ended up catching more chubs than trout. Plus it is incredibly silty, like quick sand in places. Not as pristine of a stream in comparison and imagine it dirties up easily after rain.

BTW, what kind of fish are you holding?

best thing you can do is get trout map book from DNR or use their HSOforum. Not as easy as on paper but definetly will help you explore and get some great ideas.

DNR trout maps + google earth.. it'll help you out a lot!