• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lindy leaving Brainerd

IFallsRon

I wonder if Pradco offered relocation option to these employees ?

The question is... would anyone really want to relocate from Brainerd to Arkansas? I guess if you are not into fishing, or at least fishing cold-water species. Seriously, I know people need a job and would likely "have to do what you have to do", especially in this economy...

All,

While I understand that while under normal conditions, it is completely normal to be upset and, sometimes, vindictive against companies or corporations that purchase small local organizations and then uproot them away from their "home", what I don't understand is that by some of the comments made here... it seems that some are blind to what is going on with today's economy.

Just as most here have had to, or are, making difficult financial decisions on a daily basis... so are corporations across America. If I don't have enough money to pay the mortgage, I certainly don't have the money to buy tackle. Times that against thousands of Minnesotans, that is a lot of lost revenue from the tackle manufacturers. Now, there are only 2 ways to combat that issue... raise the price of the product or cut back on expenses. Now, raising the price of the product will only server to alienate more consumers. With Pradco already having a shipping facility, the most intelligent choice would be to consolidate resources and cut expenses.

Now, I am not happy about those people losing their jobs either. I have talked with many of them over the years... and have built relationships with them. tLndy had to make an unpopluar choice in order to stay afloat... really, people... come on.

On a side note... I have previously spoke with those at Pradco that run the Lindy division. I will tell you with 100% honesty that they have always stressed the importance of keeping Lindy's presense in Minnesota alive. The impression I have always gotten from them is that Minnesota is the forefront of the fishing industry and Minnesotans are extremely important to Lindy. Lindy/Pradco find YOU important to them...